South East Florida offshore bite

Went out with Captain Jared of getnspooled sportfishing the other day. Fantastic day. Calm winds and blue crystal clear water all day! We loaded up on yellowtails, mahi and amber jack. Beautiful offshore day with a strong bite all day! Would highly recommend. Pictures speak for themselves. Give Captain Jared a shout if you are interested in a fun trip. http://www.getnspooledsportfishing.com/ G

Replies

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 392 Deckhand
    edited July 2018 #2
    I particularly like the last photo...socks in Crocs! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Good catch
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 390 Deckhand
    Your best photo is the Oceanic Whitetip.  In over 40 years of fishing South Florida, including longlining swordfish in the 70's and early 80's, I've only ever seen 2.  The first one I caught on rod and reel back in 1977 when it showed up next to the boat as we tended the longline.  Really cool sight.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 611 Officer
    Very nice catch. Makes me want to yellowtail. 
    When I was 13 my dad hooked up to a white tip. A 6/7 ft shark under the boat and here comes a 14/15 ft shark and ate the shark. The 14/15 ft shark began circling our small boat. We left promptly. Wasn’t a GW, had the profile of a Bull, could have been a tiger with no markings. 
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,628 Captain
    Nice catch and pics.