Hillsboro 7/13

Broke the inlet at about 5:45 and headed east. Big patches mixed in with scattered weeds and debri anywhere from the 57 line all the way out to the 48! Had constant action from 54 line out to the 48 picking up singles or doubles every few weed patches! Still lots of babies! Had trouble keeping the baits on without little ones tearing them up! Caught 15 and kept 10 plus one big blue runner, back at the boat ramp by 10:30!

Gonna do some snapper fishing tonight! 

Catch em up folks! 

Replies

• unit0028unit0028 Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Were ya trolling or just sight fishing. Heading out tomorrow to see what i can find. Been running out to 1000 feet with some here and there. Would like to get a few keepers
  • coachkriegelcoachkriegel PompanoPosts: 8 Greenhorn
    Trolling patch to patch to cover more ground! You’d be surprised, but most of our fish come from in between patches or in the blue water outside of them... especially the bigger ones
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,057 Officer
    thx for the report
  • miamihurricane34miamihurricane34 Posts: 145 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report.  I hope to take the kids off Hillsboro tomorrow.  I haven't been to the ramp on a weekend in a long time, hopefully we will be able to find a spot.  Hard to get everyone up and moving to the ramp before 9.
  • conquistadorconquistador Posts: 211 Deckhand
    Great report! Hate the unit of measurement "on the 48/57 line". There are multiple instances of the 48, 57, 30 line....We know this right?
    1996 24' CC w/300 Yamaha - Sold
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,378 Admiral
    edited July 2018 #7
    Great report! Hate the unit of measurement "on the 48/57 line". There are multiple instances of the 48, 57, 30 line....We know this right?
    its on charts, would you prefer that he had said they were caught on the 9th weed patch on the left?

https://domino.iqm.ro/home.nsf/GPS-CAG-DM
  • coachkriegelcoachkriegel PompanoPosts: 8 Greenhorn
    I mean I said those numbers off of Hillsboro.... pretty cut and dry
  • Steve_raleighSteve_raleigh Posts: 177 Deckhand
    Once I moved to south Florida from carolina I thought giving the depth was the appropriate way to give a fishing report just saying 

in carolina it’s appropriate to say welll Went to the Gulf Stream got me a few dolphin since the closest bite is usually 30 to 40 miles off if anyone was interested