Stupid people do stupid things

conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,556 Captain
edited July 11 in Off Topic #1
UM "nursing" student bit by Nurse shark.These Sharks have altered behavior due to being fed by humans. I guess she thought it would be "cool" for her modeling career. Anyway glad she will be OK, could have been worse if they all teamed up on her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5938503/Moment-Instagram-model-19-attacked-swimming-sharks-Bahamas.html

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Replies

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,404 Captain
    The Disney's Syndrome, many grown considering wildlife as pets
    To be honest I've not empathy for the victims, in that cases.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    IG has created an environment where every woman thinks she's a model.   You already have self centered narcissistic people and now they have to have pictures and videos to show their "fans".    It has created a perfect storm of vanity and stupidity.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,693 Captain
    I agree
    We're watching fireworks with some friends last week and I look over my buddy's GF is making an IG video saying "hey and everyone have a safe and happy 4th"....I think to myself "are you effing kidding me?  You don't have adoring fans, you're not a celebrity, who the hell are you talking to??!"   

But that's where we are.   IG feeds the ego and lets anyone and everyone become "famous".   

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,925 Admiral

IG?  I had to Google it:

Ig (pronounced [ˈiːk]; formerly Studenec, German: Brunndorf[2]) is the largest settlement and the seat of the Municipality of Ig, central Slovenia.

23895.gif
    Instagram, try to keep up with the acronyms 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,288 Admiral
    LOL … most of the pictures posted on the net are 

Look At Me! Look At Me!

Aren't I fabulous !

Well that and 

Look At The Fabulous Food I'm Eating !

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    Social Media are responsible for the idiocy industrialization ;)

My YouTube Channel

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,006 AG
    I honestly didn't know what IG was, either.

Never been there.  
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,089 Captain
    Does anybody think this is a good idea? I don't care if they are nurse sharks, the herd mentality can take over at anytime.

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,288 Admiral
    Everybody thinks nurse sharks aren't dangerous.  Maybe they are the least dangerous shark, but that's like saying she is the cleanest hooker. 

Captain Todd Approves

• Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,089 Captain
    edited July 11 #13
    mplspug said:
    Everybody thinks nurse sharks aren't dangerous.  Maybe they are the least dangerous shark, but that's like saying she is the cleanest hooker. 
    Right on! Nurse sharks are carnivores, and some of them are bigger than me, that's all I need to know.

That picture is stupidity in its purest form.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    Still safer than walking down the King Jr Blvd at night.  
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,925 Admiral
    One certain forum member still owes me $20 from a bet we made 10 years ago.  He swore that Nurse Sharks have no teeth.
    23895.gif
    Didn't some girl in Boca last year mess with a nurse shark and get bitten?   She had to go to the hospital to have it taken off.   Mess with the nurse..you get the gurney 
    Women and sharks, a challange between very cruel creatures  :D

Just kidding of course. Sharks aren’t so cruel...

My YouTube Channel

• tankardtankard Posts: 6,377 Admiral
    Fish Haid said:
    One certain forum member still owes me $20 from a bet we made 10 years ago.  He swore that Nurse Sharks have no teeth.

No idiot I said they have small abrasive teeth, not sharp cutting teeth like other sharks.

Another idiot friend of mine had one latch onto his thumb for a full 5 minutes. He was NOT cut in the least. Quite pissed that I couldn't stop laughing, but there was barely even an abrasion.

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,666 Captain
    edited July 11 #20
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:

No idiot I said they have small abrasive teeth, not sharp cutting teeth like other sharks.

Another idiot friend of mine had one latch onto his thumb for a full 5 minutes. He was NOT cut in the least. Quite pissed that I couldn't stop laughing, but there was barely even an abrasion.

So it was you....you're wrong a lot and I don't think you're supposed to call a forum member an "idiot".
    You don't really want to start that....do you?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
    Does anybody think this is a good idea? I don't care if they are nurse sharks, the herd mentality can take over at anytime.

I think that is a really bad idea. Whether they have teeth or not, should one of those sharks decide to latch on and head towards the bottom...unless you have a set of gills in your swim suit......you're screwed.
    It looks like one is checking the calf muscle for flavor and tenderness....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

I think that is a really bad idea. Whether they have teeth or not, should one of those sharks decide to latch on and head towards the bottom...unless you have a set of gills in your swim suit......you're screwed.
    It looks like one is checking the calf muscle for flavor and tenderness....
  • JWTJWT Posts: 361 Deckhand
    quote;"i would do it again to raise awareness". 

awareness of what? that she is clueless? & what the h3ll is an "instagram model"?  is anybody with an account a model? cause she really aint all that..........    and the public service announcement "PSA: Sharks DO bite"  - 

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,980 Captain
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:

So it was you....you're wrong a lot and I don't think you're supposed to call a forum member and "idiot".
    You don't really want to start that....do you?
    The forum member he called an idiot is also his landlord, it wasn’t some random other member.

yes the populace seems to keep making stupid people famous. Wish they would stop already.
    edited July 11 #25
    She is studying to be a nurse at University of Miami along with being an IG model.

That should placate people.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,226 AG
    Those must have been some really big teeth:

I've been bitten almost as badly by a tarpon.  lol

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,209 Admiral
    It's a Suction bite...Kinda like sticking your Pecker in a Vacuum cleaner nozzle..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,425 Admiral
    I remember back in 1975 a young woman stripped naked and went for a swim one night in the Atlantic. 
     What was left of her washed up on the beach the next day. 
     And the rest is history.  :#
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,425 Admiral

It's a Suction bite...Kinda like sticking your Pecker in a Vacuum cleaner nozzle..
    The voice of experience????
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    She is studying to be a nurse at University of Miami along with being an IG model.

That should placate people.
    A nurses party that has gone wild :D

My YouTube Channel

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,288 Admiral
    You better thank God you're American …

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”