Trailer Repair?? Ugh!!!!

Pulled the boat with our single axle trailer, drove back home north end BPK...rinsing trailer off noticed rear cross member which is attached to trailer bunks is cracked in 2 places...ugh.....the only thing holding it all together are the metal trailer guides on each side, who knows how long they can support the weight especially if I drive it. Called around to a few places but nobody does mobile work to fix and I am seriously reluctant to drive and relaunch boat and haul trailer down US1 given its condition....any ideas?

Replies

• N2naclh20N2naclh20 Posts: 278 Deckhand
    Block up boat, pull trailer, repair trailer. 
    There is no greater passion than that of a fisherman.
    Avatar photo: Grandparents and my Dad at Blowing Rocks, Jupiter 1923.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,708 Captain
    N2naclh20 said:
    Block up boat, pull trailer, repair trailer. 
    This ^
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • jensenjeff1955jensenjeff1955 Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    There is a place up in north Key Largo on US !that does great repair work. I don't think they have mobile service though
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,519 Captain
    Call SEAN 305-216-4932 
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 627 Officer
    Couple 2x4's and several...no several dozen rolls of duct tape you should be ok
    we need more internet money
  • WasabiWasabi Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    The Trailer Shop In Key Largo saved me one late Friday night. The owner was painting his fist child's bedroom before the wife returned from a trip and he stopped his project and met me roadside. He had to use a torch to remove the hub so there is no way I could have handled it myself. He got me safely down the road with my family. Next morning splashed the boat and brought him the trailer back for a complete service while we vacationed. Never will forget and always recommend great service.  
  • N2naclh20N2naclh20 Posts: 278 Deckhand
    Wasabi said:
    The Trailer Shop In Key Largo saved me one late Friday night. The owner was painting his fist child's bedroom before the wife returned from a trip and he stopped his project and met me roadside. He had to use a torch to remove the hub so there is no way I could have handled it myself. He got me safely down the road with my family. Next morning splashed the boat and brought him the trailer back for a complete service while we vacationed. Never will forget and always recommend great service.  
    Wow, I like to hear these kinds of stories and guys with that much dedication should be rewarded. 
    There is no greater passion than that of a fisherman.
    Avatar photo: Grandparents and my Dad at Blowing Rocks, Jupiter 1923.
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,450 Captain
    Call SEAN 305-216-4932 
    Pat,
    Heard nothing but great things about Sean.  I believe he'll come to the keys. Do what Neal (Plastered) said, give him a call.

Pura Vida!
  • Terence1Terence1 Posts: 117 Deckhand
    Wasabi, great story, I love to hear dedication like that. If I ever have a problem with my trailer (knock on wood) when down in the Keys,  I would definitely give this guy a call. Please post their number if you have it. 
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,994 Captain
    edited July 12 #11
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, I learned a lot along the way....decided on getting a new trailer after all, just too many things corroded and broken on this one even though we never really go that far on the road with it....boat back in and fishin again waiting on the new delivery...Cheers!