Brett Kavanaugh - Is he contrary to the Constitution?

Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,005 AG
Just curious if there are any examples? Not "feel good" examples of where he opposed the use of government that didnt fit a prescribed narrative but where he actually spoke or ruled on something that was contrary to the Constitution.

Replies

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,006 AG
    Regardless of the choice, I knew there'd be an absolute meltdown of the left.

It was predictable and makes for great entertainment.  
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,007 AG
    edited July 10 #3
    SAENole said:
    Regardless of the choice, I knew there'd be an absolute meltdown of the left.

It was predictable and makes for great entertainment.  

Last week they were apoplectic about separated children....

This week they're freaking out that they may lose their "constitutional right" to murder babies.....go figure.
  • wahoowacker01wahoowacker01 Posts: 1,305 Officer
    The anti Kavanaugh signs were up quick. Too quick. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,945 Admiral
    They have signs made up for everyone that was on the list of judges, they don’t  have time to waste. Some might get too smart to participate in their mobs.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,047 Admiral
    Didn't that guy collude with the Russians?  Does this appointment mean the Pentagon is going to start sewing penises back on?
  • wahoowacker01wahoowacker01 Posts: 1,305 Officer
    dave44 said:
    They have signs made up for everyone that was on the list of judges, they don’t  have time to waste. Some might get too smart to participate in their mobs.
    It’s almost as if they have an agenda. 
    Cheering and rooting daily for America to fail. 
    According to one post on DU, he will usher in Sharia Law. 
    Comical and sad at the same time. 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,785 Captain
    Fingers crossed he will be a big part of overturning the Chevron decision.
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    He seals the fate for America's first dictatorship.............lol.

Those Hollywood freaks are certifiably insane.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,425 Admiral
    You think they have lost their collective minds now, wait and see what happens when Ginsberg kicks the bucket!

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,288 Admiral
    total corporate shill

just like the righties want … until it bites them personally

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,491 Officer
    It amazes me the votes that Scalia got compared to the strict party line votes of recent past..
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,226 AG
    While it's an interesting discussion for someone with some say in the process, it doesn't matter to me what he used to think.  It matters what he does, and on that only time will tell, as history suggests being elected to the Supreme Court sometimes changes folks.  We shall see....
    Correct.

See:  Earl Warren
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,257 Captain
    Gun grabbers are likely to be disappointed.

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,005 AG
    While it's an interesting discussion for someone with some say in the process, it doesn't matter to me what he used to think.  It matters what he does, and on that only time will tell, as history suggests being elected to the Supreme Court sometimes changes folks.  We shall see....
    Some yes, some no. Justice Sotomayor is exactly like her past and was very predictable.

Some yes, some no. Justice Sotomayor is exactly like her past and was very predictable.

Does she still claim she is a wise young Latina that is better qualified to sit as a judge than a stinky old white dude? What a shame.
    I agree with you. 
    Roberts comes to mind. 
    I just find it amazing how Roe vs Wade has become the holy grail of the judicial system. 
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,288 Admiral
    It is amazing.  People act like the SCOTUS just sits around ruling on laws will nilly.  First of all, I believe a case would have to get to the court to over turn it?

I don't want it over turned because I don't want irresponsible morons passing their genes on.  

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug said:
    It is amazing.  People act like the SCOTUS just sits around ruling on laws will nilly.  First of all, I believe a case would have to get to the court to over turn it?

I don't want it over turned because I don't want irresponsible morons passing their genes on.  
    That’s the best defense of abortion I can think of.
    Watching those shrill protestors I couldn’t help but think, why are they worried about not being able to get an abortion?? Their to **** old and ugly to get laid in the first place!
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,491 Officer
    After reading a little more on him; Hes good on the 2nd, but a little sketchy on the 4th....  I also like his stance against some of the govt agencies, and their intended powers...   
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,733 AG
    Changed Justice Roberts...

It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    mplspug said:

That’s the best defense of abortion I can think of.
    There was a study done from the 70s to the 90s on that very thing, they found that in the inner cities where abortions were readily available in the 70s that the crime rate in the late 80s/early 90s dropped in exact proportion to abortions performed.   The unwanted kids weren't around to become criminals.   

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,785 Captain
    I love it! Last I heard reports and predictions about the hundreds of thousands of women who will die because he was nominated :-). The hits keep going on and on and on
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    I love it! Last I heard reports and predictions about the hundreds of thousands of women who will die because he was nominated :-). The hits keep going on and on and on
    I think our ex idiot, I mean Governor, said million. But he orchestrated a pay to play for nights in Lincoln’s bedroom some years ago, so there’s that.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,253 Moderator
    After reading a little more on him; Hes good on the 2nd, but a little sketchy on the 4th....  I also like his stance against some of the govt agencies, and their intended powers...   
    I think he will be just fine. What Tarp says is very true.

There will be some wailing and gnashing of teeth on one side and some preening and posturing on the other. After they all get their bit of the limelight a vote will be taken and he will be nominated. Life will go on.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
    I think he will be just fine. What Tarp says is very true.

There will be some wailing and gnashing of teeth on one side and some preening and posturing on the other. After they all get their bit of the limelight a vote will be taken and he will be confirmed. Life will go on.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
    Yes, life will go on.

Except for those hundreds of thousands of women, of course.   :#
    SAENole said:
    Yes, life will go on.

Except for those hundreds of thousands of women, of course.   :#

I doubt anything will change anytime soon if ever.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
    Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere.

Of that I am certain.