Home General Paddle Craft

L2fish with bedliner on hull

tydtyd Posts: 74 Deckhand
Hello all. 

Looking to purchase an l2fish. Only 1 used in the area and it has bedliner on the sponsors. Was wondering if this is common practice or could they be trying to hide some significant damage. 

Replies

• DfreedomDfreedom Posts: 106 Deckhand
    Never heard of them so I looked them up.  Man, that is a lot of money for a paddleboard.  Not sure why someone would cover one in bed liner material.  If it is dark, it seems like it would get hot.
  • krashkrash Posts: 737 Officer
    Never heard of anyone coating the hull with bed-liner or any other material... it seem like it sure would affect the paddling ability, as well as add some weight.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • GrumpyDavidGrumpyDavid JacksonvillePosts: 48 Greenhorn

1# is the bed liner on the top or bottom?  Bottom....too much drag, no.....If on top, #2.  

2# is it black? …… no way.

3. bed liner comes in many colors I suspect it was just an idea that didn't work out for them. Both the bed liner and the pontoon style paddle board.

• tydtyd Posts: 74 Deckhand
    Didn't end up buying it. Found an L4Expedition in Fort Myers i bought. Couldn't be happier with the L4. 
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,095 Captain
    Bed liner below the water line, would definitely add drag and slow a kayak down.  Unless one is using a gas engine, I would never consider putting that on peddle or paddle kayak.