TIFT

gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,172 Captain

What is TIFT land ?

living life as i like

Replies

• Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,772 Captain
    Its been many years since I’ve seen TIFT on a parcel. Seems like I always found it associated with land that was aquired for the barge canal.  
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,054 Admiral
    Good hunting along it...if U know where 
  • Dshaw94Dshaw94 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    edited July 2 #4
    TIITF i believe is what you're asking about.  TIITF land is land owned by the state in the "Internal Improvement Trust Fund", How they get TIITF out of that is beyond me.  All public and sovereign land that that is held in the public interest by the state of Florida and is not owned or held by another state agency is held by the TIITF.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me"
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,172 Captain
    Dshaw94 said:
    TIITF i believe is what you're asking about.  TIITF land is land owned by the state in the "Internal Improvement Trust Fund", How they get TIITF out of that is beyond me.  All public and sovereign land that that is held in the public interest by the state of Florida and is not owned or held by another state agency is held by the TIITF.
    WHY ARE ALL THESE LANDS NOT OPEN TO HUNTING ..
    living life as i like
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,772 Captain
    Some of them are, to my recollection. Depends on where they are and whether they’re a part of a wildlife management area or not. I think some of the parcels are subject to an agreement to allow the lands to be treated as a part of WMA land. Again its been a long time since I researched it. 
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,222 Captain
    I've seen TIIFT land on wmas I have hunted. 
  • Dshaw94Dshaw94 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    edited July 2 #8
    Some of them are, to my recollection. Depends on where they are and whether they’re a part of a wildlife management area or not. I think some of the parcels are subject to an agreement to allow the lands to be treated as a part of WMA land. Again its been a long time since I researched it.
    Like Bullfrog said, Some are, others are but not publicly advertised. And some absolutely are not. For example some land donated to the University of Florida is held in the Improvement Trust, also many preserves like San Felasco for example are held in the TIITF, None of that land is open to hunting.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me"