Lake Santa Fe

sandy1147sandy1147 Posts: 147 Deckhand
edited June 2018 in Northeast Fishing Reports #1
I know most of the info here is saltwater, but my dad and I are planning to try out Lake Santa Fe (Northeast of Gainesville) soon for something different. Primary target will be largemouth bass. Anyone have any current reports or trends? Thanks in advance. 

Replies

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,197 Officer
    Nothing current.
    Pitch worms on the north end of the little lake, ratltraps in the pass or slow troll some shiners anywhere.
    Best I got... Santa Fe can be tough( for me anyway).
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,141 Officer
    google garys tackle box. He puts up weekly reports for all of the area lakes around gainesville. 
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,337 Admiral
    I would think you'd find some bedding bream if you're into that....right off this full moon.....
  • sandy1147sandy1147 Posts: 147 Deckhand
    Good info guys. Thanks for the insight. We just wanted to try something different so we'll give it a go and let you know if we figure something out. 
    Northwest side of lake has deep standing cypress , toss Texas rigged worms into the trees while you slow troll shiners on a float behind the boat . Just like everywhere in Florida right now , water level is high
    Tony Roma said:
    Northwest side of lake has deep standing cypress , toss Texas rigged worms into the trees while you slow troll shiners on a float behind the boat . Just like everywhere in Florida right now , water level is high
    Thank you for the tip. I'll certainly give it a shot. Saw what you're describing on a couple YouTube videos. I thought it looked awful fishy but I didn't know what part of the lake that was. Thank you again.
    edited June 2018 #8
    I live a few minutes from the lake. You can beat the bank and catch fish, but if you want to do it right find offshore structure. Everybody sinks brush piles. Look for docks with rod holders. Carolina rigs and drop shots. Fish it like a northern lake   

check the pass at dawn and dusk for schooling sunshines. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    I live a few minutes from the lake. You can beat the bank and catch fish, but if you want to do it right find offshore structure. Everybody sinks brush piles. Look for docks with rod holders. Carolina rigs and drop shots. Fish it like a northern lake   

check the pass at dawn and dusk for schooling sunshines. 
    Awesome info. Thank you.