Metal Roof Installers

Looking to get some reccomendations on metal roof installers in the Tallahassee/Crawfordvile.  Have had some estimates already but would also like to get some first hand recs and maybe I missed someone on my list. 

Thanks in advance!
They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,183 AG
    Give Jason a call. He even gives discounts to BBF members. He did mom and dad's roof. 

http://callaghanroofing.com/
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,860 Captain
    The Garrison family at Metal roofing sales. Been around a long time, good  folks, check them out.
    F the feds
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 992 Officer
    Thank you both.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,867 Captain
    Bodine, is that Bill Garrison, Garrison Design and Construction?
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,860 Captain
    One and the same woods
    F the feds
  • fishinbugfishinbug Posts: 288 Deckhand
    micci_man said:
    Give Jason a call. He even gives discounts to BBF members. He did mom and dad's roof. 

http://callaghanroofing.com/
    Jason did our roof too.  He does good work.
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 992 Officer
    We've decided to go with McKeithen, who was the second lowest bidder.  They've done several houses in our neighborhood and everyone has been happy with their work.  Garrison had the lowest proposal but didn't include titanium underlayment and the warranty on their metal was 20 years compared to McKeithen at 25.  Also. McKeithen agreed to use the screws I prefer (matches pole barn), which are an upgrade, at no additional cost.  Considering these factors, McKeithen has the best price and I'm very comfortable with their reputation.  Thanks for all the input!
  • BayBobBayBob Posts: 689 Officer
    McKeithen did mine and my neighbors house at Alligator Point after tropical storm Debbie damaged our roofs several years ago and were great to work with and they did a terrific job. Good choice. 
  • vlcmsrfrvlcmsrfr Posts: 212 Deckhand
    edited July 14 #10
    Kayak,
    I'm just now seeing this post and haven't been around on here much lately.  I've recently relocated to Jupiter FL but I'm a roofing contractor and have a company. 
    Actually, the very last roof we completed in Tallahassee was the new Tapestry assisted living facility that used to be there old country inn and suites on Mahan and I10.
    I'm no longer doing work in Tallahassee but do know so the contractors well.  Mckeithen is good and they care about there work.  If something needs to be corrected, I've seen them honor their warranty.

I wanted to reach out if you have any questions about any of the material being used or how something is being done.

Hope everything goes well and good to be back on here a little again!
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,929 Captain
    Vlcmsrfr it's good to hear from you again!
    God, save the South!
  • vlcmsrfrvlcmsrfr Posts: 212 Deckhand
    edited July 16 #12
    Thank you!  It's been awhile and I've had extreme changes  since I've last posted on here.  I lurk occasionally and miss it in general.  I may post something separate to boot hijack kayaks thread, but also unfortunately no longer in the area.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,232 Moderator
    vlcmsrfr said:
    Thank you!  It's been awhile and I've had extreme changes  since I've last posted on here.  I lurk occasionally and miss it in general.  I may post something separate to boot hijack kayaks thread, but also unfortunately no longer in the area.
    Don't be a stranger. Let us know how things are going and good luck in Jupiter.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)