Wade fishing Jacksonville

ClayCClayC JacksonvillePosts: 1 Greenhorn
I moved to Jacksonville back in January and I'm just now getting to know my way around so i can start looking at some fishing spots.  I live by the Town Center and am looking to saltwater fish inshore.  I'm stuck on foot but have waders so I don't mind walking banks and sand bars.  Can anyone point me in a good direction? not asking for your spots, just need a starting point.  Thank you in advance

Replies

• Ladder ManLadder Man Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Google map the Mayport area.  Fish anywhere you see structure.  You will lose a ton of rigs, but those snaggy areas can hold some nice flatties and sheepshead.  
  • Mud RangerMud Ranger Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Fulton Boat Ramp has a nice sandy bottom and is next to the main channel of the SJR.  Good for flatties!  Saw a guy land a 50 inch red there on a huge pogy.

Colarinda Creek at the Theodore Roosevelt Area is dynamite for reds on gold spoons 2 hrs before low tide and 2 hrs of incomming.  Stay on the oyster bars and away from the pudding mud.  There I gave you a little fished hot spot!  But ya have to walk just over a mile to get there....
  • erik-the-rederik-the-red Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Check the jaxkayakgishing.com website. They have a bunch of good launch spots that have nice sandy bottoms.
  • shamlin32shamlin32 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Like erik-the-red said jaxkayakfishing.com is awesome. Tons of spots off of heckscher drive, Dutton Island, and under the Atlantic intracoastal bridge.