Man who threw fishermans fish back is charged

bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,364 Officer
Michael Leaming who stole a fishermans fish and threw it back in the water has now been charged.  Guy is a vegan activist.  Would be kind of funny if he had to spend a few days in jail and they served fish.

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.

Replies

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 488 Deckhand
    Ha!  Good.  I remember seeing that on the news.  Nut jobs.
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 779 Officer
    Wow, this is amazing.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,719 Captain
    Seems the Leaming family of Osceola County have had more than a few run-ins with the law.  A case search on their website makes for interesting reading.
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,209 Officer
    Would be funny if someone kicked his vegan butt with a leather boot, just sayin............
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    Good.   Dirt bag  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • gladesmangladesman Posts: 967 Officer
    D
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 191 Deckhand
    I grew up in the swamps of south Louisiana, this guy would end up as an alligator **** quickly with that kind of stunt.
    2013 Xpress H-18 115 Yamaha
    Camo'd out to hide from the fish better:cool:
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 488 Deckhand
    He most certainly chose a safe spot to do it :D
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,559 Captain
    I really do not understand what is going on with society today, and it is not just in America.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,004 Captain
    Justice served. I'm glad the law was called and he was charged.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 1,196 Officer
    Needs to replace fish w 20 Ibs of Snapper fillets...
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    what if i followed him to whole foods and every time he picked up some Kale I slapped it out of his hands and yelled "I don't believe in farmed vegetables!!!! Let them grow free range!!!!!" 

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 230 Deckhand
    Free range only 
  • WetBanditWetBandit Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    I remember seeing this on the news.  Good to hear.
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,364 Officer
    Now he has requested to push the court date back to Aug 13 and they granted it.  

After looking at Statute 812.13 it looks like he should have been charged with robbery also.  People clearly state fish is theirs and made effort to protect it.  He deprived them of their property.  
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
    I still say wow! Too bad the guy who had the fish stolen didn't send the thief back in after it. There are some truly "special" people out there.
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,364 Officer
    We did a radio interview of him just after it happened.  We all commented on his ability not to just break him in two, big guy.  Mr Hope resisted hard not to be baited into their tactics and did hunters and fishers proud with his behavior when in the spotlight.  
    bgeorge said:
    We did a radio interview of him just after it happened.  We all commented on his ability not to just break him in two, big guy.  Mr Hope resisted hard not to be baited into their tactics and did hunters and fishers proud with his behavior when in the spotlight.  
    Better him than me. I would have really had to work on my big boy skills after my fish was stolen! I could handle a bird or even come to grips with a shark or grouper taking advantage of me like that. But  to have some person come up and throw my legally caught fish back would be a serious test of my maturity and every skill set I have to not go bananas. I enjoy my time outside away from work and the "rat race" this would be difficult to handle with the class required to not give fellow sportsman a bad name in the eyes of others.