Naples Beach 6/30-7/3

Coming down from Ft. Myers for a birthday stay down at Naples Beach Hotel... Bringing one rod and such to sneak away early pre-sunrise to do some fishing on the beach... Anyone catching any snook from the beach lately? If so, any help would be appreciated. No spots needed, can find the fish, just wondering what they are biting on, and if there is anywhere that is off-limits near there... Not looking to cause trouble on my b-day, haha. 

Replies

• polliwogpolliwog Posts: 228 Deckhand
    you will need to get a short term license.  You can get one at  ace hardware in Naples.  Hopefully someone fishing now can give you some help. I've been up north for 2 mos ,so what I was doing means nothing now.  Pre dawn is always a good time to hunt for beach snook.  We use white super flukes on a texas rig, no weights .  super spook jrs in light colors.  Gulp shrimp are always a good bet for most of our inshore  game fish.  These fish will be within 5ft to 10ft of shore so stay back from the waters edge.  cast parallel to the shore.  Good luck and have fun
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,034 Captain
    Also keep an eye out for any signs of red tide... there have been fish kills up and down the gulf coast for weeks...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • snipes27snipes27 Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    edited June 28 #4
    Sorry, I Guess I should have said where I am from... My apologies. 

I live in Ft. Myers, never go down towards Naples to fish much at all... Have all my licenses and such, was just looking for any reports from that area lately...

Thanks for the responses though Polli and Bob.. 

• MangroovinMangroovin Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    I netted pilchards by Marco Sunday and they died in the well within 20 minutes.  Similar stories from others.  **** red tide...... :s
  • MangroovinMangroovin Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    I netted pilchards by Marco Sunday and they died in the well within 20 minutes.  Similar stories from others.  **** red tide...... :s