Finally found some fish!!

The water has been garbage in Pine Island/Matlacha and a bunch of dead fish, but finally found some.

:USA:fishing

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,794 Admiral
    Nice work.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 653 Officer
    good to see some of them made it!
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 522 Officer
    Good job, if you don't mind me asking were you north or south Blind Pass?  From the mouth of the river north to about Blind Pass the water quality as been the worst I've seen in recent memory,the grass flats are looking horrible in some of my favorite areas almost dead, it's a shame. I've managed to get out a few times the last  week and have been disgusted. We've released some decent numbers of slot sized snook but have had to search for them but the redfish are a different story, they have been non existent lately. I've spent many years chasing and trying to pattern reds and can almost always find some decent sized fish but lately nothing over 15-18"
  • NailerNailer Posts: 298 Deckhand
    Nice job James.
  • JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 38 Greenhorn
    I live in Naples and regularly make the drive up to Pine Island because the reds are more plentiful up there, but the last two times I have only managed a slot snook and a couple trout. Water was murky with lots of floating dead grass. I hope things are looking up.