Place to stay July 1 thru July 7th

A buddy and I are looking to come down to fish over July 4th week.  Does anyone have a place to stay or recommend somewhere on Choko or at Glades Haven?  

Thanks in advance for any help.  [email protected]

Replies

• crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 357 Deckhand
    We found a place in Marco through HomeAway. Also, check VRBO. We use both ever year and have very good luck finding homes all over the country cheaper than a hotel.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 648 Officer
    This time of year the hotels in everglades city and choko should be empty??
    Jason :USA
  • volguyvolguy Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    There have been members here in the past that have had places to rent but unfortunately I haven't been down in many moons and lost my contact info.  The place I rented last time is not listed on vrbo and it doesn't appear glades haven is open any longer.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,865 Captain
    You might find a cabin for rent at Glades Haven - but you'd have to deal with that individual owner since Glades Haven quit handling the cabins about a year ago - and the last I saw the store itself was no where near re-opening... 
    In Everglades City - here's two places that are up and doing business. 

Everglades City Motel -right next to the Island Cafe (good eats and open long before the sun comes up for anglers wanting breakfast early) on the main drag into town -but not on the water
    EvergladesCityMotel.com  (800) 695-8353
    The Ivey House  - a relatively up-scale bed and breakfast that caters a lot to the eco-paddling crowd (my anglers have had good things to say about the place - I've never stayed there myself
    Iveyhouse .com  (877) 567-0679

And over to the west about eight miles, Port of the Islands is a full service resort with restaurant and other amenities on site...  with direct water access and with in-water slips available...  - but a three mile long canal that's set up as an Idle Speed zone... down to Fakahatchee Bay where you're only a few miles from the outside islands... 
    Port of the Islands - right in the heart of the Ten Thousand Islands
    sunstream.com/portoftheislands  (239) 394-3006

Hope this helps - I've stayed at Glades Haven (minimum, cheap acccomodations, Everglades City, a step up - and Port of the Islands - pretty nice - but I was always there working charters so only needed the minimum of amenities...

Post up a review of wherever you end up - lots of folks read these boards and some places haven't gotten back open after the last hurricane...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,428 AG
    Take plenty of DEET.
    Vote for the other candidate