It never felt so good

I got out for the first time in months on Sunday (Father's day).  I'm still not 100% after the lightening strike; I'm still waiting on the second Garmin head unit to be installed after repair/replacement, and the VHF and stereo will be replaced at the same time.  However, both transducers are working and the engine runs like it did.  It took quite a long time, mostly because one electronics installer wouldn't keep his word on calling back or getting me on the schedule.  It also didn't help that I had to back for the CDI to come off backorder and get shipped from Japan.

Never the less, I'm back on the water, and it never felt so good to get skunked as it did on Sunday.  Frankly, I was solo and only played at trolling outside of the crowds on the weedlines in 70-300.  I just wanted to run some gas through the engine and be on the water.

Next weekend I should be closer to 100%, and with the wife out of town might make a serious effort...

Replies

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 419 Deckhand
    Hey brother, yes it's good to be on the water,...and it's not all about the fish!  ;)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 770 Officer
    I agree just being on the water is the key.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 213 Deckhand
    Good on ya bmoody👍sometimes it's great just  to get out on the water and relax. It really is "the reset button" for me
  • 20psimr20psimr Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    Friends dont let friends fish alone, so I'll provide the company tomorrow! Hopefully we can get on some fish, but I agree just being out is relaxing to me. We both need a spot of good luck it sounds like, so Im thinking tomorrow is the day!
    Chris
    Everglades 223cc