Home Boating

Boat show deals?

TheDude727TheDude727 Posts: 100 Greenhorn
I'm sure this has been asked before and I tried to do a search but couldn't get any relevant results so I apologize in advance.  Are there really any good deals to be had at a boat show.  I guess I'm in the market again after buying a used boat with a cabin that I thought would be more family friendly but my family doesn't really seem to care and I'm in agony because I need more speed.  I'm going to be looking at CC's in the 26-32 range that are fast and fishing friendly.  How do they handle trade in's at a boat show? 

Replies

• tijeretatijereta Posts: 231 Deckhand
    In my experience,  usually there are not that many good deals at boat shows. It is a good place to see and compare many different brands in one location. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,775 AG
    It's also a great place to watch lookey lous with no intention of ever owning a boat Ohh and Ahh over the Sea Ray cabin cruisers.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,577 Captain
    edited June 2018 #4
    IMHO.......your best "deal" will be to sell current boat now ASAP while people are thinking summer time boating.

Then wait and buy your next boat sometime between Halloween & Valentines day when demand for boats is a lot less.
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 586 Officer
      Depends on good of a bargainer you are and boat exhibitor
    wanting to deal.Most are not going to deal on boat price but extras
    like extended warranties,boat options and maybe financing.