Naples 6/19/18

Went out this morning with my constant fishing partner (my wife). She caught a nice 38 inch snook. We saw a ton of fish. Small schools of large snook, three  nurse sharks, sheepshead, spade fish, mangrove snapper, jacks and a variety of others. They just did not want to eat. We caught a total of three snook and one jack. We fish with artificial bait. May go back tomorrow with live bait and see if they are still there.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Replies

• MangroovinMangroovin Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    Nice work!
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 648 Officer
    Great job!!!
    Jason :USA
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,865 Captain
    finding them is most of the battle - great report 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 216 Deckhand
     nice report .I left Naples too early, ****.  Great catches,
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 325 Deckhand
      Yes,you did Polliwog.But take heart,never seen so many trout
    in 10k area and 6-7"redfish.We must have caught 40+trout Fri.
    however all under 15".
  • nobleonenobleone Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    10K agree on the redfish, I caught massive amount of the small ones this weekend everywhere from Round Key to Lostmans.  In about a month or two we will be happy happy fishermen if the sharks don't get 'em all.  Got a couple of small snook and trouts as well.  Water was flat all day on Saturday, was able to do 30-35 mph in a little 16' Action Craft all the way to Rogers and back.  Still loving the new 115 Pro XS.

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,865 Captain
    We fished up to the Rogers today --- from Flamingo, and yes there are still lots of little reds that bit our jigs whenever they could... In a year or so all the ones that survive the many, many sharks in that area should be just about slot size...   We could sure use a lot more reds in that area.  These days I swear we get more big tripletail than slot size reds...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666