Kars Park

Never been there but we will be camping at Jetty Park next week. Is KARS Park open to the public or only employees and family of NASA. 

Replies

• bbailey_33bbailey_33 Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    it is open to the public
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Posts: 520 Officer
    it is open to the public
    not really I think you can launch a NM boat but just going there or camping/fishing you need to be space center employee or get a pass form one.
    Dr. Bogas said:
    it is open to the public
    not really I think you can launch a NM boat but just going there or camping/fishing you need to be space center employee or get a pass form one.
    been there many times with yak, but it has been a year or so... you usually have to pay a minor fee at the guard shack.
    give em a call

The KARS Park Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the parks and can be reached at (321) 867-3891 or (cell) (321) 289-0114 and hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Park employees are available 7 days a week for assistance.
    stand corrected... Store says it was never open to public... I guess we got away with sneaking in about 30 times ???
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Posts: 520 Officer
    No you are not sneaking in you are allowed to launch a non moter boat there.
  • kmkeeneykmkeeney Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Kayak/canoe launch, store, and facilities are open to the public. There's a $5 fee to use the launch. Camping is restricted to Space center employees and retired military. Don't understand why, but active and honorably discharged military vets can't camp. Go figure.
  • whole lot of lovewhole lot of love Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    anyone catching anything up there?