A new twist on Turkey breast (new to me)

lakemanlakeman Posts: 718 Officer
My lady brings  home a frozen turkey breast and wants to cook it soon.  So let it thaw in refrigerator, almost forgot it.  Took it out and prepared my  small akorn Junior Kamado and then started season the bird.  No seasoning we, just moved, other than salt and pepper.  Looked around and only thing was a jar of Pesto, so I said why not. Smeared the entire breast with pesto, inside and out.  Added a little old bay seasoning and put some bacon on top to help keep it moist. On to the kamado, cooked at about 260 for 2 hour and about 20 minutes,   Results were fabulous, might have been better if I had let it marinade for a longer time.  

BTW, the Akorn junior air or  with any Kamado, it is hard to screw up anything and most everything tastes wonderful.

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    Most of my best recipes are born from not finding what you were looking for in the spice rack.   Sunday I didn't have what I wanted for chicken legs, so i took Adobo seasoning, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and parsley.  Marinated the legs as they were thawing in the sink for about 2hrs.  Put on the grill, 2hrs later they were outstanding.   

I'm never afraid to try something new.    That pesto sounds interesting on turkey.  may have to try it. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,069 AG

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • SHELLFISHSHELLFISH Posts: 100 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the post! Sounds and looks good!
    Anything with Adobo, Old Bay or bacon on it is always tasty!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    Flash said:

LOL i own the same cutting board. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.