Horseshoe ARS

Got to the park at 5:00 am to beat the scallopers and headed out in some choppy waters, when we got to our first spot in 40ft we drop down and bam ARS, by 7:20 we had our limit, my buddy hooked a fish and when he was bringing it up there where about 5-6 ARS attacking it, they tore that sea bass up, never seen that before, by then the seas were calm so we went deeper in search of grouper, at that first spot we caught a bunch but too small, we fished in 65 ft and we caught a bunch more grouper but too small, so we trolled some, i went over some big rocks and marked it and one of the stretch 30 got cut off, we went back to that spot and fished it and more small groupers, on the way in i saw something in the water and it was a flourecent yellow stretch 30 in better shape than the one i lost, all in all good day caught more grouper than grunts and seabass, im glad grouper are making a comeback now they need to grow

Replies

• Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 851 Officer
    forgot to add smallest snapper was 22 in and bigest was 25 in
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,826 Captain
    Those snapper are getting some size to them! Glad to hear the grouper are coming back too.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,000 Captain
    Nice.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 489 Deckhand
    I am happy to see how "alive" the 50-60 foot area has been looking lately. Lots of juvenile red and gag grouper, lots of bait in the water, turtles, pods of porpoise etc. Another couple of years and it should be really good again.

Nice snappers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • tomtom Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Nice snaps!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,354 Moderator
    Nice report , really decent snapper .

"You'll get your weather"
  • Top ContenderTop Contender Posts: 578 Officer
    I keep saying it, the snapper are like piranhas, they are eating anything they can. Had one with 3 crabs and 2 slipper lobsters in its stomach the other day and he still ate a blue runner. Savages
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 522 Officer
    Nice fish. Lovely eating!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,399 Officer
    Well done! great report.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 851 Officer
    thhanks guys 
    contender, i think the snapper are driving other fish away, never been out there were we barely catch any grunts or seabass

yea jim they are big

almost perfect, there was so much life out there, its been a while
  • k-dogk-dog Posts: 145 Deckhand
    Looks like you got some good dinners Rick