PE Offshore 06/17

Well Tiny Tim is back. Took the motor off and have another rebuilt 150 Johnson. With a full load it doesn’t go as fast, but it will make it. There were hundreds of boats at daybreak. Starting at 4 miles out there were very nice weed lines running north and south. There was a weedline every mile. We stopped at the 4th one, get our lines ready anddd there’s 3 boats circling us in 1 minute. So we packed up and went off. There were no other weedlines but we did find our own place at the 53 line. I said “this looks fishy.... BAM” first one in the boat. Boat came at us, close enough to where we couldn’t move. Patiently waited and Headed south and east and west. Found a few boards and lots and lots of floating white debris. We picked up our second fish, and then another and an 8 inch dolphin. We trailed a few small birds but they weren’t on anything. A friend of ours got 4 within the fleet of boats. Nothing big. See you guys soon hopefully 

Replies

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,477 Captain
    Weekends are scary out there when the weather is nice... good catch'n!

Pura Vida!
  • tank85tank85 Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    Nice to hear, haven’t heard of much going on this week
  • The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 115 Deckhand
    Its amazing sometimes i think boats know im on before i do.  Way to find em 
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,792 Captain
    Hey Steve good to see you back on the water.We
    are heading to West End for 4 days will report when
     we get back.
  • Steve_raleighSteve_raleigh Posts: 180 Deckhand
    👍
  • 101grunts101grunts Posts: 91 Greenhorn
    Nice outing Steve i finally used my outriggers the way they are supposed to still have to do some adjustments but they did the trick yesterday and THE BIG DEAL scored big it weighed 30 pounds on a 4 dollar scale 44" fork length HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYBODY. Go out they are there.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 656 Officer
    I see those outriggers! There’s mr big. Nice fish! Where did you run out of? 
    My brother in law went out 25 miles today got 4 fish. Someone else we know got 4 more today as well. Nothing big, but the only way to get a big boy like that is to fish em. 
    I may take a ride to the keys this week and give it a go... if I do I will post, as usual. 
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 656 Officer
    19 years ago today was the last day my grandfather went fishin with us. We went out 20 miles and caught 4 schoolies. On the way in we caught a 30 lb dolphin in 350ft and a wahoo at 200ft. Both in green water. His last fish was a wahoo. Pretty neat. 
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,477 Captain
    Hey Steve good to see you back on the water.We
    are heading to West End for 4 days will report when
     we get back.
    Neal,
    Have a great trip to WE, looking forward to your report. Wish I could be there...
    I believe Remy is going to Bimini.
    Hope you slay them.
    Catch'M'Up

Pura Vida!