First Week Red Snapper Report

Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,326 Captain
The Monday trip was a bust since I couldn't get out to where I wanted to be.  All we got was short gags and reds, a big nurse shark, and a 45 minute battle with the biggest bull shark I've ever seen. Got it to the surface and cut the line. Nasty sea with that west wind even running downhill on the way back.

Tuesday I had  Captain Louie, Mark(Sevenweight) and his friend along. Seas were much better and we got a limit of nice snapper in 15 minutes. Wasted the rest of the day searching for the elusive summer gags and messing with AJs. Louie already posted about that trip

Yesterday I had Troutman and two other friends out for the third trip of the week. The seas were not as nice as Tuesday, but we were able to get to 60'-65' where we needed to be. We had to work a bit to put 8 snapper in the boat, but we got it done and headed back by 2:00. Again no gags, but we caught some porgies and a big trigger that had to go back.

I need to recover for a few days before I get out there for one load of snapper. Then maybe I'm just going to dive and fish for hogfish until October. I'm getting too old for this.  :D  

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    I hope to be recovered enough from Monday’s trip to do it again Monday..😎
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 897 Officer
    I had originally planned on going on Monday, but with the weather the way is was, I decided to wait and be comfortable. I figured the opening day crowd would leave a few. Thursday was  calm and an easy run at any speed. 

Had my limit in the box by 8:15, then released some more. Then went back in to 50' and had a very successful day trolling for Gags and Kings. Results & pics already posted. Planning next Wednesday for my next trip.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,172 Officer
    👍
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,860 Captain
    You guys are going to make me cry. I am up here in Mo. Cutting grass and spraying soybeans. I miss fishing already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 897 Officer
    Ruff One said:
    You guys are going to make me cry. I am up here in Mo. Cutting grass and spraying soybeans. I miss fishing already.
    I'm sure someone will keep you updated with what you're missing.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 905 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Looks like the ARS fishery is as healthy as ever. 
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,444 Officer
    Slow start for summer gags