What's Up With The pooched Lip Selfies?

AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,003 Captain
More and more girls are posting puckered lip selfies. It looks disgusting on most. How about a sexy look if that is what you are after, or a good old smile. The killer is, I have seen guys do it. Que the puke emotican.

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,425 AG
    That's a very good question.  My sense the pout is mimicking a kiss.  I've never seen a guy do it, thankfully.  Perhaps I need to get out more. lol
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Oh I like full pouty lips, this ain t that. 
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,413 AG
    Duck lips is what it's called, I think. I get on to my adult girls about it. Stupid if you ask me.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    edited June 14 #5
    Lol yes I have heard duck lips. Most don't know how to do it.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,658 Captain
    AC Man said:
    More and more girls are posting puckered lip selfies. It looks disgusting on most. How about a sexy look if that is what you are after, or a good old smile. The killer is, I have seen guys do it. Que the puke emotican.
    Where are you seeing all these girls?
    AC Man said:
    I don't do Facebook, never posted one time. However, I have an account because of my business. Just go there I don't even know who these people are. Watch the news on tv or any social media you can't help but see it.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 6,707 Admiral
    This has been going on for over 5 years and your just getting around to complaining about it AC?  Technically, we are seeing less and less of it.  

Captain Todd Approves

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 24,450 AG

Mini Mart Magnate

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,760 Admiral
    It’s called Look at me!
    I want attention!
     It’s a whole generation of people wanting and demanding attention. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,803 Admiral
    Duckface has been on social media for probably 8 years now maybe 10.   Some look just awful while some look like they are eating invisible spaghetti. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Captain Todd Approves

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,617 Admiral
    That's a very good question.  My sense the pout is mimicking a kiss.  I've never seen a guy do it, thankfully.  Perhaps I need to get out more. lol
    Wow, brilliant you solved the mystery!!  

DSL
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,658 Captain
    AC Man said:
    AC Man said:
      Watch the news on tv
    I watch the news every night. They don't show girls doing selfies. You may want to find a more legitimate news source if yours is showing girls doing selfies.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 1,699 Captain
    Social media in general is silly, imho.  I don't get the appeal and have no plans on using it.
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,960 AG
    kellercl said:
    Social media in general is silly, imho.  I don't get the appeal and have no plans on using it.
    Um, this forum is social media
    No political signature
    edited June 14 #17
    frank said:
    kellercl said:
    Somewhat, not entirely.  I came here for specific fishing information more than sharing what I had for lunch.  The more main stream social media apps share too much personal information, which I do not like.  I can't say floridasportsman and Facebook are equivalent.  And yes, this place can be quite silly and has me sometimes wondering why I bother.  Luckily the fishing reports make the effort worth it.  
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,467 Admiral
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,423 Admiral
    frank said:
    kellercl said:

Lol. Yep.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,226 Admiral
    cadman said:
    That's Hawt!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,438 Captain
    frank said:
    kellercl said:
    Nope.
    Although the new platform is social media stule, this is still a forum.
    The difference between social media and forum is that social media are full of sociopaths, here just someone.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
    Nope social media is any site/app where people interact and communicate.  People can deny or embrace it.

Captain Todd Approves

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,467 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Nope social media is any site/app where people interact and communicate.  People can deny or embrace it.
    Well then let's go to the barn dance 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,953 AG
    Just normal beautiful lips.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,960 AG
    mplspug said:
    This
    Social media doesn't necessarily mean pooch lip photos
    No political signature
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,485 Officer
    I have a client whose wife has had that done. Not really bad but noticeable. It's hard to listen to her talk. It's sounds like a slurred mumble.
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,803 Admiral
    jcbcpa said:
    I have a client whose wife has had that done. Not really bad but noticeable. It's hard to listen to her talk. It's sounds like a slurred mumble.
    Does he smile more?? 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Gardawg said:
    mplspug said:
    Well then let's go to the barn dance 

I'm sending Todd as my proxy.   B)

Captain Todd Approves

I don't consider this place social media.  While it is "social" it lacks the "media" aspect.  This place has very few pics and videos.  But to each their own.
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,456 Officer
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,953 AG
    so·cial me·di·a
    noun
    noun: social media; plural noun: social medias
    1. websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg