Fishing in Apalachicola

Going on vacation next week and i'm trailering boat to St George Island. Wondering how the fishing has been there lately because of bad weather. 
How is trout fishing in bay ? Any Redfish around?
Any info appreciated ,thanks

Replies

• tapatetapate Posts: 5,210 Admiral
    Bay and reds are fine. Lot of white trout in the bay if you can dodge the small sharks. Picked up a flattie and a spec too. No reds bit but others had some
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,410 AG
    Grass flats start in 3-4' for the trout if they're not there go deeper by at foot at the time out to 7' or so. Live or cut bait, jigs or top water you will catch fish. Be patient, may be 30 minutes between  bites or may be back to back. Reds in the deeper holes, around docks or on the bars. Have fun and good luck.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,210 Admiral
    Fresh shrimp with no shell if you can’t catch pilchards too.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,909 Moderator
    Keep an eye on the weather. It can put you in a bind very quickly. Check all your safety gear, PFDs, radios, GPSs, to be sure they are in working order.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • bradenredbradenred Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    thank all of you for info,it's been awhile since I fished up there . we fished mostly towards  Little SGI and St Vincent . This year I want to try towards Dog Island and Lanark.
    Used to find a lot of fish inside bay .
    Hopefully weather will be good this time, last time I was there we got chased off the island because of a storm