Jupiter inlet 6/12

fished offshore today with the Good Times charter again. This time in Jupiter. The snapper bite is hot!! Boat limited  out in threee hours even with a banana in the cooler!! . Fished off Hobe Sound in about 75’. Water was clean and blue. A few storms but we missed them all. Light current. Mostly vermillions, some of the biggest I’ve seen.  Had to run south to get away from them as a limit of five came real fast. Got a few mutton’s on a flat line but all were small (one was 17.5 inches, ouch)  some good size mangroves and small yellow tails. Snapper are chewing go get some.!!

Replies

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 321 Deckhand
    If I don't take a banana along I always get skunked! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,415 Captain
    edited June 13 #3
    Nice job! Wish I had been up there today instead of Boynton inlet - we met the skunk while trolling. Couldn't buy a bottom bite either.
    Talked with others at the ramp, trolling was a bust for them too.
    They got some rat kings on the drift, that was it.
    Will try again Thursday or Friday.

Pura Vida!
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,264 Captain
    Nice job! Wish I had been up there today instead of Boynton inlet - we met the skunk while trolling. Couldn't buy a bottom bite either.
    They got some rat kings on the drift, that was it.
    Will try again Thursday or Friday.
    That sounds right, I got rat kings, short muttons and worked our butts off all the way to Breakers for a 19" mutton to "save" the day. pathetic
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,164 Officer

Dolphin bite was good this afternoon ,out of Boynton, after 5pm. All smaller fish but plenty around. 
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,415 Captain
    Dolphin bite was good this afternoon ,out of Boynton, after 5pm. All smaller fish but plenty around. 
    ****... hate hearing that. We were debating whether or not to stay later. Saw a couple boats launch around 2:30 headed out.  Ya' just never know with them critters. 
    Wind was whipping pretty good from the East when we came in with the outgoing tide. The inlet was a nasty chocolate brown and very sporty at the inlet itself. We debated whether it would get any better...
    Thanks for the report CC.

Pura Vida!