Lucaya Canyon Reports?

probate-rprobate-r Posts: 259 Deckhand
With the weather looking real nice this week, I'm thinking of making a run over to fish YF in the canyons late this week.  I am hoping that with the wind nice this weekend that some boats ran over and have some reports.  Has anyone heard how the fishing has been over there this last week?

Shawn
Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"

Replies

• Frosty1Frosty1 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Did you end up making the trip and how did you do. Leaving next week to fish the same general area. Any reports would be appreciated.
  • StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 383 Deckhand
    Frosty I think they did end up going and set to return by tomorrow evening
  • probate-rprobate-r Posts: 259 Deckhand
    Sorry for late report frosty.  We did end up going but had triple engine failure on the way.  So we never made it to the canyons.  Hopefully you guys had a better trip than we did!
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
  • HeikyHeiky Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Here is a YFT report... The fish are very thick in the afternoon up to 100 lbs But #1 problem is going to be landing a whole fish at all. The sharks have been very thick and looking for free meals. If you want to land them make sure you have big gear and lock the drag. You will pull a lot of hooks but if you want to get them past the sharks that the cost because if you try and play with them the sharks will win time and time again. But again lots of fish and plenty of birds pretty easy to find them right now. But hard to land them whole. 
  • Frosty1Frosty1 Posts: 109 Deckhand

Wow Triple engine failure sucks.........  Thanks for the report Heiky. We went 20th through 24th of June. Stayed at Bimini Sands and had a blast. Fished the NW corner of the Bank each day and like you said plenty of birds and fish jumping. Didn't bring Big tackle so didn't attempt to chunk them. Hooked up with some smaller fish trolling and were able to get them in to the boat. As usual we had a great time in Bimini and discovered a new spot in South Bimini Thirsty Turtle (Yacht Club).......... Great local spot with awesome food.