Collusion?

mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,433 Admiral
edited June 8 in Off Topic #1
Afer 13 failed years and the Russian Ovechkin wins the cup for the WASHINGTON CAPITALS?  So much winning. Not tired of it.

Captain Todd Approves

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,508 Captain
    And he got mvp
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,433 Admiral
    I couldn't be happier for him.  

Captain Todd Approves

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,497 Captain
    I went to the fights & a hockey game broke out.

I grew up in central FL (before all the yankees came) to me hockey rates with soccer very boring.
    You feel better now?  I didn't ask you to watch, or reply to for that matter.

Captain Todd Approves

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,651 Captain
    stc1993 said:

I grew up in central FL (before all the yankees came) to me hockey rates with soccer very boring.
    You really need to see hockey live and you would think it is anything but boring. TV doesn't do it justice. Other Sports like football and basketball are fine on TV. Baseball you need to go to the game also to enjoy the "atmosphere".

Congratulations to the Caps even if I didn't root for them.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,555 Admiral
    We Floridians use ice to cool our beer and fish. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    Which I love, because it keeps natives out of the stands at Lightning games who are confused by what icing is.

Captain Todd Approves

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,337 Captain
    mplspug said:
    Which I love, because it keeps natives out of the stands at Lightning games who are confused by what icing is.

Icing, that is that stuff on the outside of a cake. Right?
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    As far as you are concerned, yes. :wink:

Hockey is absolutely best in person.  The advent of high def TV has certainly helped as well.  

This year's Cup final had a Florida boy in it,  Ryan Carpenter.   

Captain Todd Approves

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,337 Captain
    mplspug said:
    As far as you are concerned, yes. :wink:

Hockey is absolutely best in person.  The advent of high def TV has certainly helped as well.  

This year's Cup final had a Florida boy in it,  Ryan Carpenter.   
    That is a good dill. Have a son in D.C., he goes to a good many games. It has always interest me, but I have a hard time watching it since I don't know the rules. Really, what is icing?
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,015 AG
    Slough said:
      Really, what is icing?

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,377 Admiral
    watching a bunch of fat guys chasing a piece of cow dung around a frozen pond is certainly on my list of most entertaining activity to look forward to

right up there with bowling

now you want real heart attack action then you'd best watch some curling … 
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    Fat guys, that's rich.  You must be confusing it with baseball and football.   College football, now there is a boring sport.  Can't even figure out a way to have a national champion without controversy.  It's really more of a popularity contest with those rankings.

Captain Todd Approves

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,377 Admiral
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,273 AG
    I love watching hockey.  It's a great sport for a spectator with the pace of play being so much faster with fewer interruptions than the other major sports. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,176 Captain
    mplspug said:
    More like don't give a crap what icing is. If someone gave me Stanley Cup tickets, I wouldn't go. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,651 Captain
    pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    More like don't give a crap what icing is. If someone gave me Stanley Cup tickets, I wouldn't go. 
    Don't knock it. I am a fifth generation Floridian and when the Panthers first came to Miami, someone gave me some tickets and I have been  addicted ever since. It is a "gentlemens" violent sport. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Gardawg said:
    Google Meme Search C-
    Trolling D

Captain Todd Approves

pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    More #winning

Captain Todd Approves

• Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 633 Officer
    mplspug said:
    Fat guys, that's rich.  You must be confusing it with baseball and football.   College football, now there is a boring sport.  Can't even figure out a way to have a national champion without controversy.  It's really more of a popularity contest with those rankings.

I concur.
    Fat guys? The only athletes in better overall shape are possibly MMA fighers. But I am sure that there are many NHL players stronger and better conditioned.

Skating a 45 second shift will have you breathing heavy on the bench.

Captain Todd Approves

• wahoowacker01wahoowacker01 Posts: 1,451 Officer
    I tried ice skating once. By the time I got off the ice I was sweat soaked. All effort was trying to get back up. Hats off to anyone that can master that.  
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,793 Captain
    stc1993 said:

I thought the same too till I went to a game.......I was completely wrong
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,365 Admiral
    How are the Cheerleaders...
    I can see the Wisconsin Cheerleaders now..in XXL PJ's and Double chins...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    How are the Cheerleaders...
    I can see the Wisconsin Cheerleaders now..in XXL PJ's and Double chins...winning..
    Wisconsin...

Dolt

Captain Todd Approves

• swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 1,268 Officer
    I started out caring nothing for hockey, however over time I've learned to appreciate and enjoy the game, the huge amount of skill and the physical ability needed to actually play the game.  Go Bolts ⚡️ 
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
    pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    Don't knock it. I am a fifth generation Floridian and when the Panthers first came to Miami, someone gave me some tickets and I have been  addicted ever since. It is a "gentlemens" violent sport. 
    I've been to several games. I didn't enjoy iit at all. I'm not saying the guys aren't athletes or knocking it, it's just not something I give a rats **** about. As far as it goes, if someone gave me World Cup tickets, NBA Finals tickets, or tickets to the Masters I wouldn't go to any of them, either. I would dang sure sell the tickets, though.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,535 Captain
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    I've been to several games. I didn't enjoy iit at all. I'm not saying the guys aren't athletes or knocking it, it's just not something I give a rats **** about. As far as it goes, if someone gave me World Cup tickets, NBA Finals tickets, or tickets to the Masters I wouldn't go to any of them, either. I would dang sure sell the tickets, though.
    Some people just don't like sports. That's understandable.
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    Fair enough.  

Captain Todd Approves

pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    mplspug said:
    Some people just don't like sports. That's understandable.
    No, some people just don't like basketball, soccer, and hockey. I love college football and baseball been  a Braves fan since I was a little kid, been to a couple World  Series games (Marlins), tons of Dolphin games including some playoff games, and a bunch of CFB games. So it's not that I don't like sports, I just don't like all of them.