Another Best Cooler Thread! I Found It!

AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,844 Captain
ECO, also sold as Vibe. They are relatively new. I searched for months, money not a issue if you get what you pay for. I bought the ECO 110 qt for $295 and it comes with a divider and a basket. Not a extra. My brother has a Yeti and I wouldn't trade even. Best reviews are on Amazon. Some have a Yeti and prefer the ECO. Just food for thought if you are looking for a rotomolded cooler check it out. I wanted the RTIC but they are on back order. I also had dimension restrictions and the ECO fit the bill. Has a top rated ice retention, but to be honest they are all pretty good. 

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,982 AG
    I got a Coleman Extreme that only cost $65 that will keep drinks cold as long as your $300 cooler, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,433 Admiral
    I got a Milee 75qt with divider that is a cutting board.  A basket and a cup holder.  It also has 2 built in bottle openers and a pressure release valve.  Good as any out there. 

Captain Todd Approves

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,844 Captain
    edited June 8 #4
    cadman said:
    I got a Coleman Extreme that only cost $65 that will keep drinks cold as long as your $300 cooler, 
    That may be, but my comparison is with rotomolded coolers.

I had a Frigid Rigid fiberglass cooler that I had made to fit under the leaning post of my 2004 36' Contender. It was $1500 back then and I liked it better than the boat.

Since then I haven't had anything better than a Igloo Marine cooler in a bay boat.

Was looking for rotomolded this time, and not that it matters it will blow away ice retintion of a Coleman. I like the strength and can use it as a casting platform on the front deck of my bay boat. Plus it is $200 cheaper than the competition.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,747 Captain
    For 1500$ it should make ice.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
    For 1500$ it should make ice.
    You would have to see it to believe it. Not something you remove from the boat, and yes for much more money they make freezers. 
    Point is, $295 for a 110 qt quality rotomolded cooler with divider plate and basket is a awesome deal. 
  • tagtag Posts: 8,742 Admiral
    Good deal. Competition will drive down the too high cooler prices.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,155 Captain
    That is a great deal!!!
    ice retention isn’t why you buy these coolers. When your opening and closing the lid all day , they don’t hold ice any longer than an igloo. You buy them so you can stand on them or so you don’t have to replace coolers every 2-3 years if your hard on them like me. If you buy one and are expecting ice not to melt, you’ll be disappointed.  I have 2 rotonolded coolers up front, but the ( under the leaning post) fish cooler is still an igloo ( loose too much internal space on a rotomolded the same size)
    You should have been here yesterday
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,337 Captain
    That was a good price. They range from 400 to 425 on their site.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,516 Admiral
    RTIC ice coolers are always on back order.   Never buying one of theirs.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,150 Officer
    edited June 8 #12
    Bought the RTIC 110 about a month ago. It arrived in 3 days. LOVE it. It sits in front of the T-Top and is used for a seat as well as holding ice, drinks and bait.  I paid $255.99 delivered. Unless someone steals it I will never have to buy another cooler.
    edited June 8 #13
    Bought the 110 about a month ago. It arrived in 3 days. LOVE it. It sits in front of the T-Top and is used for a seat as well as holding ice, drinks and bait.  
    The one I wanted was a 45qt sea foam and it was constantly out of stock, I ended up getting a coleman marine cooler for way less money.  Holds ice for 4 days so i'm not complaining I got what i needed not what I wanted so i'm happy to not have overpaid. 

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded/RTIC-45-Seafoam-Green

Oh look if you order today it ships by September 7th LOLOL!   Yeah that's why i'm glad I never went with them. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,150 Officer
    edited June 8 #14
    Bought the 110 about a month ago. It arrived in 3 days. LOVE it. It sits in front of the T-Top and is used for a seat as well as holding ice, drinks and bait.  
    The one I wanted was a 45qt sea foam and it was constantly out of stock, I ended up getting a coleman marine cooler for way less money.  Holds ice for 4 days so i'm not complaining I got what i needed not what I wanted so i'm happy to not have overpaid. 

Oh look if you order today it ships by September 7th LOLOL!   Yeah that's why i'm glad I never went with them. 
    Like i said it took 3 days to get the one I needed and wanted.  I will have it for a long long time unless it gets stolen off the boat. LOL

By the way what man wants a "sea foam" green cooler? LOLOL!  Was pink not an option?  LOLOL!
    you like what you like, not gonna apologize for it.    If pink is what you want, who am I to judge? you could get your cooler wrapped I guess 
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,555 Admiral
    Funny, I remember metal coolers. The Coke distributor in Gainesville would give us a new one every few months as a promo. They would be rusted away in a few months. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,747 Captain

Like i said it took 3 days to get the one I needed and wanted.  I will have it for a long long time unless it gets stolen off the boat. LOL

By the way what man wants a "sea foam" green cooler? LOLOL!  Was pink not an option?  LOLOL!
    That's interesting....what color cooler should a "man" want?
    Seems like white would reflect more sunlight. I always keep a wet towel on my cooler.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 677 Officer

I bought 3 before the judgement on the lawsuit. 1 was back ordered yet they all showed up within 3 days.
    Good coolers, im pretty much set for life i hope LOL
    Jason :USA

That's interesting....what color cooler should a "man" want?
    Seems like white would reflect more sunlight. I always keep a wet towel on my cooler.
    Yeti's new color is Coral.   Not a fan of it but they seem to be selling pretty well.   And the sea foam one I wanted is always months backlogged on production, so I guess i'm not the only person who thinks it's a cool color.  
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,273 AG
    edited June 8 #20
    I swore that I would never have an expensive cooler on my boat.  Cheap igloos have served me well over the years and ice is not expensive.

Then a friend bought me an RTIC as a gift, and I must admit I kind of like it.

I'm still not buying one myself.  lol
    You guys may know this and it may not be true (so not sure why I am saying it), but I believe part of the reason the RTICs are cheaper is that they are built on demand.  They don't stock pile them. 

My brother got us a 45qt Rtic for our wedding and it took a couple months.  

Captain Todd Approves

I swore that I would never have an expensive cooler on my boat.  Cheap igloos have served me well over the years and ice is not expensive.

Then a friend bought me an RTIC as a gift, and I must admit I kind of like it.

I'm still not buying one myself.  lol
    They are fine products no doubt. I used to make fun of people with the yeti tumbles, until I bought one and saw the dam thing would keep ice in my truck all day long and overnight in August.   But at $45 bucks for the 32oz tumbler, we got Ozark Trail ones at Wal Mart for $8 dollars and they work just as well.  
    I got a free Yeti tumbler from work.  Filled it up with hit coffee for my 2 hour commute to Tampa.  Couldn't take a sip the whole trip it was kept so hot.

Ended up buying one for the wife.  I'm talking the $30 24oz tumblers.

Captain Todd Approves

I think the problem with RTIC being out of coolers is the law suit. They told me they will be back in production sometime in June. Again I bought the ECO/Vibe for $200 less than a Yeti and less than the rest. I love it. Best bang for the buck.No drop off in quality at all from the competion.
    Bought the RTIC 110 about a month ago. It arrived in 3 days. LOVE it. It sits in front of the T-Top and is used for a seat as well as holding ice, drinks and bait.  I paid $255.99 delivered. Unless someone steals it I will never have to buy another cooler.
    They had a killer sale around then. I decided to go for it and every model says sold out. I gave up. Happy with my choice.. BTW that price is long gone. Sill a nice cooler for the regular price.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,229 Captain
    I won a crappy 45 qt. igloo cooler with wheels and a pull handle that I thought might last a year, that was 10 years ago and the thing is still going strong, I use it almost every weekend to transport cold food from Tampa to Steinhatchee in the back of the truck. I have replaced the hinges and the latch but, surprisingly the wheels have not fallen off and the thing is in great shape. I can't complain. I even throw it in the jon boat for fish when I go fishing. I do have one of those Yeti things too, heavy booger. It just sits in the shed mostly.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    Yea, a 110 Roto molded cooler is to heavy to carry around. It's about 50 pounds empty and will stay in the boat.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,275 AG

I got a 70 qt K2 for $160. Bid on it and won it at a DU banquet. It stays in the bed of my truck. To heavy to move it around and holds ice for days. I'm not buying any rotomold brand at full price.

That said, I have a 120 qt 5 day extreme igloo too. Holds ice great but not as durable.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    I don’t plan on keeping beer or fish in a cooler for more than a few hours anyway!
    I don’t plan on keeping beer or fish in a cooler for more than a few hours anyway!
    I have kept fish in a cooler with ice overnight, much easier to clean when they're a little more firm.   But beer, if it's in a cooler more than 4 hours either i'm not drinking enough, or i bought too much.   
    Normally I make a slurry of ice and seawater to keep fish in.