Anyone have land they need hunted?

13»

Replies

• andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 681 Officer
    I know several people who have asked me to help get hogs off their property....things are a nuisance and lots of folks just dont wanna mess with them....it is messy
    we need more internet money
  • awayaway Posts: 297 Deckhand
    Right, but these landowners that gave you permission are not hunters.  Coming to this forum of obvious hunters looking for land is funny to me.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,218 Admiral
    away said:
    Right, but these landowners that gave you permission are not hunters.  Coming to this forum of obvious hunters looking for land is funny to me.
    Well you never know.   This forum is full of fishermen but there are  threads in almost every section for "need a crew/want to fish".   

It never happens until it happens.   If you don't mind the backlash of posting, you may get lucky.   It's 1 in a billion but ehh.   We're on here to chat, so it gives us something to chat about at the very least. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • OwlseyOwlsey Posts: 321 Deckhand
    It's like negotiating a contract.  You can't get turned down unless you present it.  Never be afraid to be turned down. You never know.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 1,583 Captain
    "Nothing ventured, nothing lost, nothing gained".....

Back when I used to ask, I struck gold a couple of times.  Once I met a guy and when he mentioned he owned some property, I asked if he had any doves on his property.  His reply was, "let me tell you what I did, I planted millet and sunflowers and I have a ton of birds." I said I had a son and a friend that I'd like to bring and he said we're welcome for opening day.  I called him and got an OK to bring two other family members... Oh my gosh what a dove shoot.  We left around 3ish and passed some of his friends coming in around the same time.  We stopped by his home and thanked him immensely.  We were standing by the trucks sharing shells to finish our limits.  First time I ever ran out of ammo.  Granted this was quite a few years ago and houses now occupy the dove field.  One never knows.....
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • awayaway Posts: 297 Deckhand
    These stories are great but unfortunately these are different times.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,020 Officer
    away said:
    These stories are great but unfortunately these are different times.
    But his way back when story might take some pressure off the state which has millions of acres closed to public hunting, so that makes him feel good.....
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,943 Admiral
    Heck growing up I hunted Lykes Brothers land for FREE.
    Rainy Slough , Jacks Branch , all over Muse and Glades County. Thousands of high dollar Leases now..I just walked on in the gate.
    Times are a whole lot different.
    Best thing he could do would be join a Church in Farmer Country...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,943 Admiral
    And Pray a lot..like every day , twice on Sunday..maybe marry a Farmers Daughter.
    Fat and Ugly don't matter when PaPa owns 5 Thousand acres of prime land.....winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • OwlseyOwlsey Posts: 321 Deckhand
    Times have changed. There was a time when a land owner wouldn't mind letting a person hunt their property. The reason it changed was because the owners needed to protect themselves from liability or injury law suits. A paid lease, with a well written lease, protects the owner. Profit was a side benefit. Hunters have gotten dumber, more careless, more alcohol and drug friendly and all around not as thoughtful. People sneak on my land all the time. Heck , I've seem them on camera.  I think most are not even hunting. Most growing pot .I've found the areas. Don't blame the owners. Blame the hunters and the lawyers.
13»