Anyone have land they need hunted?

Replies

• H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Geeez,,,,The OP just text me , he was invited to hunt on a 342 ac. ranch that has not been hunted in 13 yrs.  He also said the owner has 2 good looking single daughters his age..
    Then clearly everybody should be posting on here asking for hunting access. 
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,811 Captain
    Geeez,,,,The OP just text me , he was invited to hunt on a 342 ac. ranch that has not been hunted in 13 yrs.  He also said the owner has 2 good looking single daughters his age..

Sure...

Considering you haven’t participated in this thread, he would be texting you this why exactly? Did you offer him a place to hunt? And why would he be volunteering info to you, a complete stranger, about the rancher’s daughters with the implication being he’s going to take a crack at them? That makes him seem either like a BSer or a jerk. Either way that would just confirm that he deserved the skepticism and light razzing he got. 

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,027 Officer
    Looks like he just reached out to saltysenior to purchase the said natty lite for him. Just to get that crack at the farmers daughters.
    Looks like he has forgotten completely about hunting.18, go figure
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • OwlseyOwlsey Posts: 321 Deckhand
    And once again, this is why these blogs are dying. He's a young guy looking for help. Throwing it out there. I don't understand the response sometimes. But maybe it's me. Maybe I was taught differently. And I'm certain that at 18 everyone that responded sarcastically had it all together and never needed help.
    edited June 2018 #36
    Owlsey said:
    And once again, this is why these blogs are dying. He's a young guy looking for help. Throwing it out there. I don't understand the response sometimes. But maybe it's me. Maybe I was taught differently. And I'm certain that at 18 everyone that responded sarcastically had it all together and never needed help.
    Any person who is going to be a good hunter, especially in this state, had better develop thick skin and an ability to read all kinds of sign. Otherwise they are wasting their time and should just go trolling in the ocean. 

Take your wine to California or Wisconsin, grapes don’t grow well here and we don’t have good cheese, either. 
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,811 Captain
    He very likely was not a well meaning 18 year old kid looking for help. He was likely either just a troll or worse someone looking to take advantage of the generosity of others here. 

A kid who’s been hunting for 4 years already knows the ropes and has been around enough to know that nobody’s looking to let him do them a favor by killing their hogs, much less have their daughters. 

Assuming salty isn’t pulling our legs, the fact he’s so easily found a good place shows he wasn’t in desparate straits to begin with. 
    He probably took someone's advise to post on FSM. I'm sure he won't again. And H2ODad  , there is a difference between wine and whine. But don't worry, I'm sure you put that boy in his place.
    edited June 2018 #39
    Owlsey said:
    He probably took someone's advise to post on FSM. I'm sure he won't again. And H2ODad  , there is a difference between wine and whine. But don't worry, I'm sure you put that boy in his place.
    As I posted to walker dog earlier this week. I can’t smell through this app so sometimes I drop bait to get sense of the people with whom I’m dealing on here. 

I dropped that figuring your uppity self importance couldn’t pass it up. Guess I was right. Get some summers eve. 
    Grow up dude.
  • HuntnfeeshHuntnfeesh Posts: 240 Deckhand
    Haha looks like Salty trolled a bunch of you
  • CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 505 Officer
    This place is a waste
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 773 Officer
    CrashDuck said:
    This place is a waste
    ain't that the truth
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 1,878 Captain
    edited June 2018 #44
    H20dad said:

As I posted to walker dog earlier this week. I can’t smell through this app so sometimes I drop bait to get sense of the people with whom I’m dealing on here.
    Fabreeze. Lots of Fabreeze.
  • saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 810 Officer
    Haha looks like Salty trolled a bunch of you

forget about the hook,,,,just cut the leader..
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,038 Captain
    I have Iguanas, Squirrels and the occasional rat. You are welcome to eradicate them all.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

I feel safer knowing someone is policing the world  wide web.
  • cl3998618cl3998618 usaPosts: 5 Greenhorn
    This is a very young hunter. I think he needs to follow his friends.
    Life is very important.
    Take $15-20 Off Your Order of Ownboard.net Best Electric Skateboard
    Coupon Code:CHEN2018
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,943 Admiral
    Well now...cl3998618 , your kinda cute..do you need a place to hunt or should I just buy your skateboards...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • jrd1982jrd1982 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    edited June 2018 #50
    Man, I don't post often on here, but I'm always reading through. It's disheartening to see the reaction this kid has gotten over a simple question.  I used to knock on doors as a kid. For every 100 doors, I might get someone who would tell me it was ok to hunt archery, but not gun. I'll take it. Point is, I wouldn't have found that land if I didn't ask. Some of those relationships built as I offered meat from deer I killed to the landowner. Eventually, a knock on the door turned into land I was allowed to hunt at will simply by showing respect to the landowner.  It's a new day and age with the internet and this kid basically knocked on a door a different way. While 99% of you jumped down his throat, he did get 1 or 2 members who offered up some land for him to use. I hope he takes advantage and is able to put some meat in the freezer. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,218 Admiral
    Does anyone in either the St Pete/Clearwater area or the Boca Raton area have a 27' Contender or Jupiter they need ran just...you know...to keep the engines from locking up?   If so pm me I'll be happy to take your boat out and run it for you so it doesn't collect dust from sitting.     Prefer you've got a daughter in the her mid 20s as well who is an aspiring instagram model who can be on the boat to take fish pics with.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Thanks for proving jrd1982's point.

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,943 Admiral
    Will my neighbors 33 Contender work for you. He lives in Ohio and is never here and I 'm worried about it ..just sitting there...unused..rotting away.
    He'd thank us if we asked him but that's not really necessary...
    No 20 year old girls but you got a 62 year old that'll had you a beer when you need one...hope this helps..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • awayaway Posts: 297 Deckhand
    I find it funny any time a person comes on a hunting forum and asks if another hunter has unused land that they can hunt.
    Know your audience.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,218 Admiral
    Will my neighbors 33 Contender work for you. He lives in Ohio and is never here and I 'm worried about it ..just sitting there...unused..rotting away.
    He'd thank us if we asked him but that's not really necessary...
    No 20 year old girls but you got a 62 year old that'll had you a beer when you need one...hope this helps..
    I think you're on to something there.   No thanks necessary so no reason to bother him, we'll just purge the old gas out of it by running it out and fishing several times.  Better use all the electronics so the connections stay strong too.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • jrd1982jrd1982 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    It's a hunting/fishing forum. A place for people to come on, get advice, share stories, etc, not jump down people's throats over a simple question. But hey, with 5K+ and 8k+ posts, you're the big dogs, so have fun talking to each other, because no one new is going to want to deal with **** like you. I for one won't be coming back. Too many other forums and FB pages out there for me to waste my time with **** heads. 
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 547 Officer
    ^If you can pick through the crazy people/rants on here, there is some good stuff on the forum. Plenty of experienced and knowledgeable people willing to help other hunters out, in my experience.
  • FLherritageFLherritage Posts: 218 Deckhand
    jrd1982 said:
    It's a hunting/fishing forum. A place for people to come on, get advice, share stories, etc, not jump down people's throats over a simple question. But hey, with 5K+ and 8k+ posts, you're the big dogs, so have fun talking to each other, because no one new is going to want to deal with **** like you. I for one won't be coming back. Too many other forums and FB pages out there for me to waste my time with **** heads. 
    Ain't that the truth.  Just a couple of people on here that post the same stuff over and over that ruin it for everyone. 
    I have asked questions about cc weapons and food plots and received great feed back. Mostly from the older, experienced guys that I think live in the pan handle. It was truly appreciated. The rest of this negativity is absolute nonsense. I don't blame jrd1982 one bit
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,027 Officer
    jrd1982 said:
    I actually find that I can learn quite a lot from **** heads.
    Stay in your "safe space" and you will probably not get too much out of it.
    I would take these guys over Devil Book any day. (and NO I do not post on FB)
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • jimglassjimglass Posts: 97 Greenhorn

I  found private property to hunt on in Florida just by asking for it so it is possible.    I had one property owner offer their property for me to hunt on.  Another owner offered to pay me to shoot hogs,  It can happen.   Land owners would like to have the wild hogs removed from their property.   Problem is past hunters that entered their property without permission, left trash behind and abused the property so now hunters/persons are not welcome.   To gain access to property you need to convince the land owner you are not that kind of hunter.   Don't approach the owner in an old rusty pickup truck, unshaven, crappy clothes.  No need to wear a suit either.   I tell property owners that I'm an Eagle Boy Scout, did volunteer work for the Illinois State Police (all true).   About 25% of time I gain access to the property.   You need to find ways to encourage the property owners to want you on their property.   As you  can see in my

photo, I look pretty harmless.