Vilano 6/2 offshore

AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 54 Greenhorn
Considering heading out this Saturday if the weather holds. Seems everytime I go,  i need an additional 10 miles to get to where the Mahi are. Anyone heading out,and/or heard recent depth reports on Mahi bite?

Replies

• dontezumadontezuma Posts: 136 Deckhand
    I'm hoping to get to at least 100 feet this weekend, but need Lake Atlantic to do so in my 19' CC. 
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,042 Officer
    We'll be out there on Saturday as long as the weather holds.  Will start in 115-120 feet as long as it's fishy.  Tons of fliers out there last Thursday.
  • AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 54 Greenhorn
    Glad to know we want be alone. I guess 3 weeks ago we hit very thick wees lines at 120'. Got one peanut made it to 250' b4 heading in. Monday forum post was saying they were out at 450'-700'. I was hoping they had moved in alittle
    Weed. Not wees. Stupid spell check!!!!!
  • elpollolocoelpolloloco Posts: 178 Deckhand
    Going to try to get out Friday early before the storms come in. Will let you know if I have any luck.
    That would be awesome and we would be greatful. Became full and good luck!
    Lol. I really hate spell check
  • talldaddytalldaddy Posts: 155 Deckhand
    If the weather holds for what some of the marine sights are predicting, you won't be alone, it might look like a parking lot!  Last Thursday we only caught five, but found them all in 250'.  There was very little current then, so I'm sure that has all changed.  Good luck.
  • AjNJaxAjNJax MandarinPosts: 157 Deckhand
    My brother and guys he works with are out right now on the JodyLynn outa Conch House marine...lucky joker! I’ll post there report when he gets back in cell range for everyone!!
    Dont sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff!
  • suzukimoto2suzukimoto2 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    AjNJax Please let us know!!
    Yes that would be great
  • Uncle_MikeUncle_Mike Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    Saturday forecast is looking good, we will also be heading out of Vilano Saturday morning.  I haven’t seen any mahi reports from this week… would love to hear how you guys fishing on Friday do.  
    They stayed within 30 miles  and bottom fished all day. Said Frozen Cigar Minnows & Swuid + big live grunts were the days Weapoms of Mass Destruction, finished a 3/4 day charter with a 6 man limit of Vermillion Snapper & TriggerFish. Multiple “endangered” ARS pushing 25lbs!, 1 #20 Cobia (his siblings had lock jaw I was told), a few amberjacks, a limit of lane snapper, a few stud Porgies, unfortunantly they went 0/4 on grouper @ a ledge they saved for the last spot of the day. Jon (bro) wasn’t to happy admitting that himself, his boss AANNNDDD the CAPT. each took turns getting instantly bossed upon dropping14”-15” grunts on 9/0 Senators strapped to broom sticks with 80lb main and #125 leader!!!! He fished on the Endless Summer 3 and said it was by far the best charter trip he has ever been on! Repeatedly spoke on the wealth of knowledge the captain and mate both so freely shared and what really stood out to both of us was that the captain didn’t give them an agenda for the day, instead he asked which type of fishing did they like to do most and asked each person if they had a target or bucket list species and then proceeded to put all his effort into making those requests happen! That says a lot in an industry where putting fish in the boat at any means exceeds the desire to make each trip the one you always remember! Giamt shout out to the EndlessSummerlll crew and I look forward to planning a trip in the near future! Now if you boys will excuse me I got some TriggerFish Tacos to tend to 😏
    Sorry guys I forgot to mention this report is from the trip they took Thursday 5/31/18 out of St.Augustine...tight lines
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,298 Officer
    Where they on Jody Lynn or Endless Summer?  Previous Post was saying the Jody...Thx and sounds like a great time!!
    Endless Summer 3...sorry I see the typo now
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 610 Officer
    Nice report! Seems like most those sportfishers out of St aug are always on fish, makes it even better when they're willing to involve the guests in making a game plan
    we need more internet money