Kayak reviews

rbullrbull Posts: 21 Greenhorn
I'm thinking of purchasing the Native Watercraft Manta Ray Propel 12 Kayak. Any thoughts on this kayak? I like the price and the standard package included with the kayak makes me think I am getting a good bang for my buck.

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,719 Admiral
    If you are new to the kayak scene I strongly recommend that you try before you buy. I tried several and could not stand the Native Slayer propel 13. But that was just me. My fishing buddy has one and absolutely loves it. I tried several before I purchased one.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!
    II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Oldsmar GuyOldsmar Guy Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    I agree with Spineyman. I spent several months of researching kayaks before I purchased mine. One of the biggest factors for me was being able to stand up easily in the kayak. I would definitely "test drive" as many kayaks as you can before purchasing one. Not too sure where you are located, but Bill Jackson's in Pinellas Park area allows you test out their yaks right behind their building on their lake.
  • dcrdcr Posts: 290 Deckhand
    edited June 7 #4

Well that sucks, when I click on it, it goes to page 3.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,719 Admiral
    dcr said:

Well that sucks, when I click on it, it goes to page 3.
    I will say that it was my smartest boating decision of my lifetime. I have been on the water in boats all of my life and I am thoroughly impressed with the decision I made regarding the yak purchase. I am also putting the beat down on the fish with it. The funny thing is most everyone was steering me toward a Hobie, so I tried one. The straight back and forth pedaling is not for me. You could not trade me a brand spanking new PA 14 for my 6 month old Predator PDL. I am sold on Old Town kayaks!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!
    II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 425 Deckhand
    If you can try before you buy it is the way to go....

• BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,031 Officer
    paddling.net