Home General Fishing

Cape coast fishing

remingtonglennremingtonglenn West Michigan Posts: 4 Greenhorn
I have a few questions. I am from western michigan and will be coming down over Thanksgiving break this year. In michigan I fish about 100-150 days a year. I run guided trips on Saginaw Bay for walleye. Very experienced fisherman. I am looking to go saltwater fishing with somebody. I will pay for gas, drinks, anything you need. I know the expenses of owning and running a boat. I would much rather go with the average Joe rather then a commercial charter. I'm not concerned about a small boat, large boat, whatever. I just want to get after some ocean fish. I am flying in so will not have gear with me. If you or somebody you know would like to get out and fish with somebody you don't need to teach I would be forever grateful and would be willing to even take you out in Michigan if you ever come up this way. 

I k ow Thanksgiving break is a long way off, but would just like to start seeing what is available and get in touch with some new fishing buddies from around the country. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,276 Officer
    Lets narrow down the options a bit first. Where are you coming to in Florida.... It's a LONG coastline. And Inshore or offshore fishing? Where I am, I mostly troll for Grouper at that time.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • remingtonglennremingtonglenn West Michigan Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I will be staying about 45 minutes to an hour west of cocoa beach. I don't care if it is offshore or inshore I guess it just depends on what is biting/legal that time of the year. I have done the whole drop a jig over the side of the boat with meat and catch grouper and ling cod in Oregon,  but I'm game for anything to have a rod in my hand and catch some ocean fish. I have heard tarpon, wahoo, king mackerel, and dolphin. I'm not too impartial to anything. I would just rather learn from a person what to do rather than have a charter do everything for me. Tell me what to do and it will get done. 
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Yes - be specific on where you'll be and where you want to fish.

Weather will be iffy that time of year for offshore.  Kings are easy with a boat, tarpon might be around but not exactly prime time, mahi are a maybe - prime time is about a week ago.

You might be able to do some inshore fishing on your lonesome out of a kayak if no-one is available to take you out.  There are multiple places you can rent a kayak and fish.  There is a place in Titusville that rents (of course I don't know the name of the place), and the folks will probably be able to point you to some fish.

That is a good time of year for trout & reds in the lagoon.  You can probably get some better advise online closer to the trip.
    I'm willing to pay for a charter but I was just hoping to go out with somebody that I can help out that just likes to fish. I'm not comfortable with going in a kayak for my first Florida fishing trip. 
    I'm willing to pay for a charter but I was just hoping to go out with somebody that I can help out that just likes to fish. I'm not comfortable with going in a kayak for my first Florida fishing trip.