5/25: Jury duty

BinderBinder Posts: 3,875 Captain
I was scheduled for jury duty today and like most potential jurors you call the day before, after 5pm, and see if your number is called. Well when I called, the message said all jurors were dismissed and to enjoy the start of your magnificant holiday weekend. lol

Planned a last minute trip with a buddy and we headed out at 6 in the morning out of Mullock creek. Headed to the beach looking for bait with nothing to show so we ran out to the tripod and loaded up. Ran to a number about 10 miles out and dropped some baits on a show the lowrance was marking.

Macks were everywhere and cutting us off at the weight, causing us to lose several rigs. We finally managed to raise a couple short gags, macks and jack. Also had a couple heavy pulls that got us excited but we were no match and got cutoff in the rocks.

I finally got the hookup I was looking for and at first I thought is was a cobia because of its weight and swimming in circles around the boat, then we caught a glimpse and realized is was a breeder snook. Once boat side we locked the boca grip on her lip, snapped a couple pics and took a measurement at just over 37".

I dropped another bait down and hooked up to another snook that measured out to 35" but wasn't nearly as heavy as the first.

The rain started moving in so we headed in. Fished a mangrove shoreline for 20 or so minutes with 1 jack caught and the rain wasn't letting up so we called it a day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend even though it looks like we'll be washed out.

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,676 Moderator
    Boy you are a trooper, rain is not going to keep you from dropping a line in the water.
    Nice snook.
    Thanks for the report.
    larrywitt 
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,333 Admiral
    Awesome pics with exception of that carbonated water in a can your drinking 
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,875 Captain
    Awesome pics with exception of that carbonated water in a can your drinking 
    I hear ya about the beer. Beggars can't be choosers when that's what your buddy brings. Lol
  • mtbrider85mtbrider85 Posts: 341 Deckhand

Nice snook there Binder.

I've been doing a lot of the same this spring but drifing mostly crabs/shrimp for perm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,824 Captain
    Good dill. Reel nice snook.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    I never voted for you is A high percentage.

We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.