Boat rental in marathon

2»

Replies

• LBAyersLBAyers Posts: 33 Greenhorn
    edited June 1 #32
    UFM82 said:
    Recent experience has shown me that you should NEVER RENT FROM MARATHON BOAT RENTAL, EVER, EVER, EVER.  Piner can back me up here. Complete POS. Amazing that a company can even rent a bucket like that.
    No doubt one of the worst....
  • wvanglerwvangler Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    tropical or progear or the 25' seacat from kcb rentals- there some real peices of crap im marthon beware !!!!
    Respect Harlan’s opinion a lot but we had a bad experience with kcb rentals.  

Had the Bluewater rented from Progear but it lost a motor two days before we arrived.  Frantically searched and ended up renting the 30’ hydrocat from kcb. When we arrived to pick it up had to
    wait 2 hours while they “flushed the steering”. Hmmmm.  By the second day the boat would hardly steer. Lost most of a day while they sent a mechanic to replace a leaking line and bleed the steering.  Ran ok for a couple of days the one motor started stalling at anything beyond idle. Got so it would only run if you kept pumping the bulb. We called them to come get the boat and they acted pissed off that we wouldn’t drive the boat 20 miles back on one motor.  Absolutely wouldn’t consider refunding any of the rental even though we lost 2-2.5 days. Not great. 
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,814 Captain
    edited June 2 #34
    wvangler said:
    tropical or progear or the 25' seacat from kcb rentals- there some real peices of crap im marthon beware !!!!
    Respect Harlan’s opinion a lot but we had a bad experience with kcb rentals.  

Had the Bluewater rented from Progear but it lost a motor two days before we arrived.  Frantically searched and ended up renting the 30’ hydrocat from kcb. When we arrived to pick it up had to
    wait 2 hours while they “flushed the steering”. Hmmmm.  By the second day the boat would hardly steer. Lost most of a day while they sent a mechanic to replace a leaking line and bleed the steering.  Ran ok for a couple of days the one motor started stalling at anything beyond idle. Got so it would only run if you kept pumping the bulb. We called them to come get the boat and they acted pissed off that we wouldn’t drive the boat 20 miles back on one motor.  Absolutely wouldn’t consider refunding any of the rental even though we lost 2-2.5 days. Not great.

i
  • wvanglerwvangler Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    Wasn’t complaining about progear at all. Our preferred place to rent a boat. Everyone who rents boats will have maintenance problems from time to time.  The difference is the response to the problem. Progear called us immediately when they realized the boat wasn’t going to be ready. Gave us a list of other rental companies that had boats available and still provided a bait pen and extra coolers that they had included with the rental for free. I just wish they would add a few more boats to their fleet since they always seemed to
    be booked. 
  • progearprogear Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Just chiming in on our 'weather policy' some have noted. If it's blowing 20knts or better, we ask that you keep the boat within a couple miles of the Atlantic side, do what ever you want inshore or Gulfside. We just don't want the boats out on the edge of the reef or offshore with heavy seas. Were not looking to limit your fun, just trying to keep it safe.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 2,999 Captain
    progear seem 2 b the best rite now- i have been on them all and everything worked as it was your own boat. the 31' was really nice. tropical does have 34 hyrosport w/ 3x motors and they were nice , too. if the bottom is clean , thye are probably taking care of the rest of the boat, too.
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Progear Certainly has the best quality boats, and great electgronics for a rental boat
  • guifriguifri Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    guifri said:
    sk018 said:
    Looking like its calming down by Thursday, which is when we arrive.  Not liking the West wind they are calling for Friday and Saturday though
    I also arrive Thursday from Germany...wait and see. There are a few days for changing the wind direction.
    I rent for the week June2nd to 8th from vacation boat rentals. The boats I've rented so far, mostly were ok. Nothing special but functional. I've heard that one guy has bought all the rental companies? definitely all aboard and vacation are now the same company.

Had a 26 procat from vacation. Was well maintained but it seemed to have a hole in the tank. 2 175 Suzuki could be upgraded to 200. or wrong props maybe. But I can not complain about vacation boat rental. Other boats also looked good.
    guifri said:
    guifri said:
    sk018 said:
    Looking like its calming down by Thursday, which is when we arrive.  Not liking the West wind they are calling for Friday and Saturday though
    I also arrive Thursday from Germany...wait and see. There are a few days for changing the wind direction.
    I rent for the week June2nd to 8th from vacation boat rentals. The boats I've rented so far, mostly were ok. Nothing special but functional. I've heard that one guy has bought all the rental companies? definitely all aboard and vacation are now the same company.

Had a 26 procat from vacation. Was well maintained but it seemed to have a hole in the tank. 2 175 Suzuki could be upgraded to 200. or wrong props maybe. But I can not complain about vacation boat rental. Other boats also looked good.

we were considering that boat next year.  We had the 27 sea chaser with the 150 suzukis.  Had a couple issues with boat, but the service was timely and good.  Sounds like that Prokat was sucking gas, that's surprising..
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 2,999 Captain
    book your GOOD rentalboat 1 yr advance- and make sure u get a refund in case of hurricanes, etc. >IN WRITING< IN WRITING oh, did i mention to get get the agreement and cancellation policy in writing?
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madman14Madman14 Posts: 9 Greenhorn

We rented from All Aboard last week.  I made a one week reservation for the 22 Sea Chaser #2 back in January.  I was very disappointed when I went to pick the boat up last Saturday. Very rough condition inside and out. 

They offered me the other Sea Chaser 22  #1. I stuck my head in the console and smelled strong gas fumes.  I refused to take family offshore in either one. 

Went to the other location and Kathy was able to save the week and put me into 2 separate boats (25 Dusky and 22 Sea Fox) for the week.  I had the Dusky for three days and a  Sea Fox for three days.  Both were decent boats and we had a great time.  Just had the inconvenience of swapping mid week.

I did see some newer boats in the fleet, so it looks like they are trying to update.  I think the 22 Sea Chasers are past their prime.

• Chum FooChum Foo Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Hi,
    I have learned a lot from following you guys on these forums, so I thought I should add my experience with renting a boat this past week from All Aboard boat rentals. In the past, I rented from Tropical but there prices went up so I looked at the fleet of boats on All Aboards website. I went with the 25' Wellcraft CC for 5 days being that when I called I was told that was the last boat they had in that size and had all the options I was looking for. I showed up to pick the boat up on the first day and was shocked how bad the boats condition looked inside and out. Not at all what it looked like on their website. I'll spare you the details but I have a list that goes on and on. I asked if there is another boat they could switch me out with in which they told me there was nothing else. Being my family was expecting to have a boat to use while we were here, I reluctantly drove it back to our rental house. More problems I notice now, depth finder broken ( later find out due to the transducer being covered with barnacles), the steering was awful, again later finding out it had a air bubble and needed fluid. WTH! Call Jay and ask again if he has another boat in which he told me no. Should have gone with my gut and not go offshore, but decided to go on another day in which both motors won't get the boat on plane. Mechanic looks at it and says nothing is wrong. After all this I refuse to continue to use this boat for the next 2 days. Call and visit Jay and asked to be reimbursed for the day it had issues and the 2 days I didn't have a boat I paid for. Took 3 days for an answer from "the boss" in which they tell me I don't have to pay for the fuel I used and that's all.   Needless to say I am extremely dissatisfied with this resolution and inform them I will now be disputing the charges with my credit card processor.  Terrible company and customer service. Would not recommend doing business with them!
  • otdrzmn04otdrzmn04 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    I have rented from all aboard once before and it was ok. Boat was worn but everything worked. I rebooked them for this yr and after looking i noticed they had moved locations. Got to reading some post about them simce the last time i had rented and decided to call and cancel. I am now going with Cocos in their 27’ century. Have read some good things about them. Will let you all know how it works out.
2»