How to use simple trap to quickly catch cicada

lorettaloretta United Stated Posts: 12 Greenhorn

Cicada is a large insect with long transparent wings, occurring chiefly in warm countries. The male cicada makes a loud shrill droning noise by vibrating two membranes on its abdomen.

Cicadas can be used as food and medicine. Cicadas can improve global food security: They're cheap, plentiful and environmentally sustainable. Besides, cicada recipes are low-carb, gluten-free food. Blanched, boiled, or candied, cicadas are healthy snacks. Catching cicadas by hand is not always easy because they can be in high tree branches. This is one of interesting way to catch cicadas:

+ Split bamboo into many small pieces, knit them to make a basket. Then, make a basket helve by a long bamboo trunk.  

+ Use this basket to grasp cicadas

+ Put cicadas into a bamboo tube

After catching cicadas, set a fire and put all cicadas in a bamboo piece to fry them. You can make delicious fried cicadas in a short time.

Good luck with this simple but great cicada trapping method. Enjoy this food in your own way.

Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,131 Captain
    Great! Now I'm hungry....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    The wife would like to catch and kill every single one of them on the planet.   She hates that noise. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,051 Admiral
    Once, I was using a circular saw outdoors and those **** things would attack me and try to mate.
    23895.gif
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    Fish Haid said:
    Once, I was using a circular saw outdoors and those **** things would attack me and try to mate.
    Did he at least buy you dinner first?
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,484 Admiral
    Random post of the decade!
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,143 Admiral
    The wife would like to catch and kill every single one of them on the planet.   She hates that noise. 
    I love the sound.  In Mn, hearing cicadas meant it was the last part of summer, enjoy it while you can.  In Florida, it means your still alive and in florida.

Captain Todd Approves

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,131 Captain
    mplspug said:
    I love the sound.  In Mn, hearing cicadas meant it was the last part of summer, enjoy it while you can.  In Florida, it means your still alive and in florida.
    It actually means there is a large male insect nearby trying to get laid....maybe you were a female cicada in a former life?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,781 Admiral
    I eat them often in the Spring.
    A little ground Earthworm batter and some Sautéed Tree Snails I'm good.
    Last Winter I ate nothing but Tree bark till spring...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,822 Captain
    They only hatch out every 17 yrs.  You'd starve to death by then.

Looks like Valeriecat got a new name.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,143 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    It actually means there is a large male insect nearby trying to get laid....maybe you were a female cicada in a former life?
    Todd has a pet cicada.

Captain Todd Approves

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,502 Captain
    Unfortunately I have to eat dozens kind of pasta with thousand delicious sauces, fresh seafood of any sort, healthy beefs, the amazing Parmesan and other hundred delicious cheese, various kind of homemade cured meat, the best pizza in the whole world, etc. etc.
    Anyway I would consider them if I get lack of my usual food :D

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
  • lorettaloretta United Stated Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Unfortunately I have to eat dozens kind of pasta with thousand delicious sauces, fresh seafood of any sort, healthy beefs, the amazing Parmesan and other hundred delicious cheese, various kind of homemade cured meat, the best pizza in the whole world, etc. etc.

I know you have many types of food, but they usually contain fat, sugar, oil, so on that are not good for your health. Try this strange food and it may be more good for you
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,781 Admiral
    I'd rather die young from eating good Pasta than live forever eating bugs....that's just the way I roll....
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    loretta said:

I know you have many types of food, but they usually contain fat, sugar, oil, so on that are not good for your health. Try this strange food and it may be more good for you
    Next life maybe, if I'll reborn as anteater :D

My YouTube Channel

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    I'd rather die young from eating good Pasta than live forever eating bugs....that's just the way I roll....
    We're here for a good time not a long time my friend!
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 6,425 Admiral
    Loretta sounds hot
    edited May 15 #18
    Italian name. It derived from Laura which means laurel (laurus in Latin, alloro in modern Italian).

My YouTube Channel