Boca 5/12

Broke the inlet early knowing a hord of boats would be heading out of the tournament at Hillsboro.

Trolled to about 600ft and it was game on. No rime or reason, just dolphin everywhere in the area we went thru. Since we had not been out in a while, we did keep about 18 fish from 24 to 30 inches. Quit at 9:00 and had the boat cleaned by 10:30.

The few boats near us seemed hooked up also. Some scattered weed, and a few crab trap buoys..

Sometimes everything just clicks.
A buddy did catch a 45.5 lb dolphin Thursday out of Hillsboro.

Trying something different today, brined some fish and have smoked dolphin going on the smoker right now.

Replies

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 315 Deckhand
    edited May 13 #2
    THAT's what I'm talkin' about....well done! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Reef TankReef Tank Posts: 126 Deckhand
    Nice job.  You won't be disappointed with the smoked dolphin.  That's my go-to fish on the smoker.  If I ever end up keeping too much and need to freeze it, I'll smoke it first and then freeze it.  Keeps much better that way.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 151 Deckhand
    Nice work,  gotta love it when it's that good👍👍
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 388 Deckhand
    Congrats....we went out of FPI on the 12th.  We got 2 and lost 4 others.  Just bad luck...one broke the line, 2 others were short bites....just goes that way sometimes 
  • BarracudaBarracuda Posts: 767 Officer
    Nice job, I was off Boca too looking for a Blackfin and only got a few Bonito and a small Dolphin...I should have punched out...hind site 20-20!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earpearp Posts: 50 Greenhorn
    6-800ft seemed to be the sweet spot last week