Hillsboro Inlet

YammyYammy Posts: 52 Greenhorn
We are heading down in a couple of weeks for memorial day. I’m sure it’s going to be a disaster so we will get out early. Going to try to catch some tuna and wahoo first thing in the morning then switch to trolling ballyhoo for dolphin. Probably will run a cedar plug and feather way back at first light along with a planer for a wahoo. 

Any recommendations or tips in general areas I should be fishing? Would it be beneficial for me to pick up a top spot map?

Replies

• YammyYammy Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I promise I’m not looking for specific spot info just never fished he area
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 319 Deckhand
    edited May 14 #3
    The fish you're targeting move around a lot...no 2 days at the same depth...just look for "fishy water"....e.g. birds, weed, bait, color changes, current edge, water temp..etc....all the best! :smile:

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• YammyYammy Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    The fish you're targeting move around a lot...no 2 days at the same depth...just look for "fishy water"....e.g. birds, weed, bait, color changes, current edge, water temp..etc....all the best! :smile:
    Thx!  Would really like to catch a couple blackfin at first light.