05/11 JUPITER OFFSHORE

Broke the inlet at 5 AM to do the live bait thing. Loaded the well with GogsAnd headed south to 150 feet. lines in before sun up hoping to get into the early morning wahoo bite although I couldn’t make it happen.Weird south current had the bite slow imo

fish caught in 600+
Bigger fish 16lbs

Replies

• timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 818 Officer
    Thanks for the update, heading out now, going to try looking in 3-600, nothing happens come back to the 120.
    Hopefully Tommy or Matt will have nice Pilchards this morning.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • flknifemakerflknifemaker Posts: 112 Deckhand
    Cool let us know how you did 
  • walleyworldwalleyworld Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Very good, live bait was non-existent at the two spots I checked at 0700 hours.  Don't have any goggle eye spots so worked my way offshore to troll(Happy to take any goggle eye pointers :) .  We managed 5 mahi to 32 inches (all on ballyhoo).  We tried to bottom fish in 90 ft off Juno on the way out and as you said, strong south current slowed the bite way down.  We managed a couple keeper YT's and a Coney Grouper.  Beautiful day out though.

• Fireman BillFireman Bill Posts: 547 Officer
    The google eyes are all over the various bait rocks out of Jupiter.  Pre dawn if you want them.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 319 Deckhand
    edited May 12 #6
    Anchor near structure then chum and they will come...sometimes 7 at a time! :)

Or you can slow-troll like the commercial guys with 8 oz. cigar lead

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• deputyjrp55deputyjrp55 Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    The google eyes are all over the various bait rocks out of Jupiter.  Pre dawn if you want them.
    What is a bait rock?  Are we talking in the inter-coastal or ocean?
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,400 Officer
    Way to go.
  • walleyworldwalleyworld Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the pointers Fireman Bill and Coastal.  Will get out earlier and try that for sure.