Australia mass shooting??

2»

Replies

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,822 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    Just threw it up there for discussion more or less. But what I do believe is that you can’t compare a country with that many people to one with as many people as we have. 
    I think there is a lot of truth there, along with consideration to population density.  I also maintain the biggest difference it cultural.  We just have a much more violent country in general.  
    How do you come up with we the fact  have a much more violent country.  Fake News ? 
    Yeah this happened in Brazil so Brazil may be more violent than here. 
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,540 AG
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    Just threw it up there for discussion more or less. But what I do believe is that you can’t compare a country with that many people to one with as many people as we have. 
    I think there is a lot of truth there, along with consideration to population density.  I also maintain the biggest difference it cultural.  We just have a much more violent country in general.  
    How do you come up with we the fact  have a much more violent country.  Fake News ? 

We do pretty good in the "gun death" rankings when compared to third world countries....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/12/07/458815891/the-u-s-is-a-world-leader-in-gun-deaths

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 1,422 Officer
    edited May 16 #34
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    Nope, just a stastical fact.  Compared to similar nations, e.g. first world, our murder rate is very high per capita.  

We rank 126 out of 219, in which the only countries 'beating' us out are **** hole third world nationalities.  That isn't something to be proud of.  Numbers are readily available from the UNODC.  So nope, I didn't get my information from any news source, straight up published numbers.

Edit
    Even if, for whatever reason, one wants to count **** hole countries, we still fall in the bottom 50th percentile.  In my book that isn't something to be proud of.  

Edit 2
    Also "fake news" is old and tired.  You might want to get some new (not too mention original) material, unless your goal is to sound like a parrot.  
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,404 Captain
    kellercl said:
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    Nope, just a stastical fact.  Compared to similar nations, e.g. first world, our murder rate is very high per capita. 
    That's true.
    But don't forget that USA is the only country in the whole 1st world with that complicated demography, and its multi-ethnicity had created a lot of 3rd world enclaves in its territory.

Another statistical fact: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

Don't be afraid to be politically incorrect, the 13% of the population is responsible for more than 50% of crimes. Isn't racism, are facts.
    Invest in order to get out this people from poverty and to give them a good education instead to waste money and effort in useless and ideological witch hunts.
    Any penny wasted in the gun-control war is a penny less for something useful for that people; impossible doing something more racist.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.
    edited May 17 #36
    kellercl said:
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    That's true.
    But don't forget that USA is the only country in the whole 1st world with that complicated demography, and its multi-ethnicity had created a lot of 3rd world enclaves in its territory.

Another statistical fact: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

Don't be afraid to be politically incorrect, the 13% of the population is responsible for more than 50% of crimes. Isn't racism, are facts.
    Invest in order to get out this people from poverty and to give them a good education instead to waste money and effort in useless and ideological witch hunts.
    Any penny wasted in the gun-control war is a penny less for something useful for that people; impossible doing something more racist.

Agreed on all points.  As somebody who believes in statistically analysis I couldn't be a bigger fan of profiling.  Numbers are numbers, if a particular sub demographic committs more crime, complaining about facts isn't going to remedy the issue.  Profiling is nothing more than  playing the odds.  We should actually attempt to fix the problem instead of crying about reality.

Edit

The easiest example of profiling is looking for a serial **** on a college campus.  It would  make zero sense to make women and men an equal focus during my investigation.. I would profile and target males.  Profiling is common sense.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,515 Admiral
    edited May 17 #37
    kellercl said:
    Finfinder said:
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:

We rank 126 out of 219, in which the only countries 'beating' us out are **** hole third world nationalities.  That isn't something to be proud of.  Numbers are readily available from the UNODC.  So nope, I didn't get my information from any news source, straight up published numbers.

Edit
    Even if, for whatever reason, one wants to count **** hole countries, we still fall in the bottom 50th percentile.  In my book that isn't something to be proud of.  

Edit 2
    Also "fake news" is old and tired.  You might want to get some new (not too mention original) material, unless your goal is to sound like a parrot.  

Plus all those signs that you are scared of .....l   I told you build a safe space like now!!!

kellercl said:
    I'm always stunned that Americans willingly travel to dangerous countries.  You couldn't pay me enough to visit NK or the Middle East.

kellercl said:
    kellercl said:
    I'm always stunned that Americans willingly travel to dangerous countries.  You couldn't pay me enough to visit NK or the Middle East.

I have no problem going to Europe, but other than Europe there isn't much I'm willing to visit.  Not when the US has beaches, mountains, rivers, lakes, caves, cities...  pretty much everything a person needs.  

Obviously  you don't believe the stats you argue with.  Fake News.  
    Want a cracker?  I got plenty in my pantry, all you have to do is ask.   <3
2»