Mahi

Made it out today with a buddy and my son looking for some dolphin outta PE. It was a bit sloppy this morning but made it out at day break and by 715 already had 3 in the boat. Found a nice weed line on the 59 lines and worked it down south picking off little ones down to haulover. Too many boats working the line down south so flipped around and worked the outside back north still picking up a couple more little ones. The line got a little too crowded so picked up and went further off shore. At the 48 line found great weeds but a little broken up because the wind turned outta the south. Worked it non the less and picked off a few more and 1 decent one about 15lbs or so. Started getting real sloppy with some 4-5 footers so decided to head for the barn @ 230. Brought everything in and started running but after a 15 mins or so the starboard motor takes a dump. Pull the cowling off and the serpentine belt is all chewed up. Luckily I had spare and we attempted to put it on. We would get in on but every time we would crank it up and would work it’s way off. Tried tightening the tensioner but still wouldn’t stay on and on the last attempt it bucked it off and deep sixed it. So we limped back in from 18 miles out but put the lines out and picked 8 or so small ones wit a couple of keepers. Overall 20 keepers and a six year who was wore out. 

Replies

• tank85tank85 Posts: 72 Greenhorn
  • pipo6007pipo6007 Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    Great report!
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,628 Captain
    Way to go,very nice catch.
  • sigiiligansigiiligan Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Nice mess of fish!
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 392 Deckhand
    edited May 2018 #6
    I hope you left a few for the rest of us ;) ...
    God really blessed you despite the motor issue!   :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Just 1 MoreJust 1 More Posts: 106 Deckhand
    very nice
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,045 Officer
    great work
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,466 Captain
    Nice catch for sure - WTG!

Pura Vida!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,678 Captain
    Nice fish, hate you had to limp in
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Atleast there showing up in numbers good job and good thing you have two motors 
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    Great work
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,045 Officer
    just talked w a buddy down in Duck Key. They are slaying them in around 700 ft for the last 3 days. Hopefully Saturday will be fishable