PE Offshore 05/06

Rough on tiny Tim. Caught 7/8 dolphin, 3 keepers. 1 blackfin, missed 5 small fish, and a cuda. Never made it past the 00 line naval vessel said we had to go in , no other direction permitted. Port re entry nightmare, 2-4 with boat wake = glad to be alive on tt. 

Replies

• xeniaxenia Posts: 518 Officer
    "Naval vessel said we had to go in."  I don't understand what this means.  Since when is the navy controlling who can be offshore?
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 660 Officer
    Xenia- second week in a row they’ve stopped me. Last week they said to jog 1/2 mile northeast. This week they were much more aggressive. I suggested “run out or run south”, they said “no you have to go in where you are at”. They even swooped 120 ft behind me on plane 5 minutes after. I felt intimidated on my little vessel. Last week they said they cannot tell us when or where they will be at any given time. There were two boats patrolling this time
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,976 Captain
    It was Fleet week with a few Naval ships in port. Perhaps there was a "sub" in the area also. Surprised there wasn't a Local Notice to Mariners addressing any navigational issues or maybe there was.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,485 Captain
    Wasn't an air show scheduled too? That would be the cause to vacate the area maybe?...

Pura Vida!
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,976 Captain
    Wasn't an air show scheduled too? That would be the cause to vacate the area maybe?...
    Yes there was both Saturday and Sunday, but the poster got  diverted last week also. I still think a sub was possibly prowling the area and protecting the assets in the port. but who really knows?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• eareeyeseeeareeyesee Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Same thing happened to me today. They're testing unmanned autonomous boats.
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,832 Captain
    This has been going on almost every Saturday.3 MILES out to 6 miles
    from Pe south 11 miles.Have to stay clear of that area.Been chased
     out of our deep drop area.