Home Off Topic

Ugliest car made

Replies

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,197 AG
    They might be smart, but they certainly don't look very safe.  
    Warning Level 2
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,680 AG
    I know a Doctor who drives one on the interstate up the the Carolinas once a month. Not that I would put one ont he interstate. But as a grocery getter it would be perfect. 

It is made by Mercedes. It uses a safety cell to protect the drivers and passengers. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,290 AG
    It looks like you could total it by hitting a cheap mailbox. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  

Warning Level 2

Warning Level 2
    @SAENole

I actually liked the Subaru Baja when it came out, looked like someone put a Chevy Avalanche in the dryer for too long.   But it was kind of a neat concept.   Seems like it would be perfect for the kayaking community. 
    70 mph and a brick wall

Mini Mart Magnate

Seems like it would be perfect for the kayaking community. 

What about hippy cyclists?
    Warning Level 2
    cadman said:
    70 mph and a brick wall

Yeah and when it's all over you can just turn that car into a wheel chair to get around in. I'm just surprised that thing went 70 are you sure it wasn't 70 KPH?
    SAENole said:

I think they all drive VWs  
    cadman said:
    70 mph and a brick wall

Yeah and when it's all over you can just turn that car into a wheel chair to get around in. I'm just surprised that thing went 70 are you sure it wasn't 70 KPH?
    Didn't say you would live through it, but hit a wall at 70 in any car and you are likely dead, The point was they are well built little cars. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Warning Level 2
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    Scoutboat said:

The Porsche is a timeless classic.
    Jim

You didn't say it wasn't ugly....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Warning Level 2
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
    Smart are not totally unsafe (well: even they can made them at their best if a Smart's driver meet a truck's driver the Smart's driver is a dead man) and are also performant (even too much performant).
    Here the main problem with Smarts is the people idiocy (I don't blame the car, but this car seems made for idiots).

Aside the Smart's guys parking habits the main problem is that they speed like snakes in the traffic, often passing between two lanes (like bikers), and considering their dimension they are often invisible.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
    SAENole said:

I think they all drive VWs  
    :D:D:D
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    SAENole said:

SAENole said:

Is legal in USA traveling in the rear side of this kind of trucks ?
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    SAENole said:

SAENole said:

It depends on the state. In Fl and TX you have to be over 18.

Under Florida law, it's illegal for anyone under 18 to ride in the back of pickup trucks unless they are wearing seat belts, 

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2015.html
    It is unlawful for any operator of a pickup truck or flatbed truck to permit a minor child who has not attained 18 years of age to ride upon limited access facilities of the state within the open body of a pickup truck or flatbed truck unless the minor is restrained within the open body in the back of a truck that has been modified to include secure seating and safety restraints to prevent the passenger from being thrown, falling, or jumping from the truck. This paragraph does not apply in a medical emergency if the child is accompanied within the truck by an adult. A county is exempt from this paragraph if the governing body of the county, by majority vote, following a noticed public hearing, votes to exempt the county from this paragraph.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,810 Admiral

Polish Volkswagen
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    edited May 2018 #52
    cpr said:
    SAENole said:

SAENole said:

It depends on the state. In Fl and TX you have to be over 18.

Under Florida law, it's illegal for anyone under 18 to ride in the back of pickup trucks unless they are wearing seat belts, 

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2015.html
    It is unlawful for any operator of a pickup truck or flatbed truck to permit a minor child who has not attained 18 years of age to ride upon limited access facilities of the state within the open body of a pickup truck or flatbed truck unless the minor is restrained within the open body in the back of a truck that has been modified to include secure seating and safety restraints to prevent the passenger from being thrown, falling, or jumping from the truck. This paragraph does not apply in a medical emergency if the child is accompanied within the truck by an adult. A county is exempt from this paragraph if the governing body of the county, by majority vote, following a noticed public hearing, votes to exempt the county from this paragraph.
    Awesome. Here is prohibited.
    To be honest probably isn't really safe (in particular without seat belts) anyway in certain situations would be pleasant travel in the rear.

Well, during boar driven hunt we often travel in the rear of pickups (usually splitting the space with some boars :D) but only off road and only to go out from the hunting area.
    With rifles and wearing hunt clothing we probably appear like talibans to the non hunters :D

Thanks for the answer

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Illegal for a kid to ride in the bed of a pickup???****! Thats where we rode! And if it started raining, then you got up close to the cab and Dad stepped on it!
     What a bunch of wimps we are raising today!
    Already posted ?

That's a trike not a car.  
    edited May 2018 #56
    It’s the seventies Smart :D
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG

1980 mustang

1980 Lincoln

1970s mustang

Most 1970s 80 Chevys, Fords, Dodges.
    That Lincoln is badasz.  
    Warning Level 2
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    Yeah, they dropped a big deuce redisigning the mustang and trying to make it a sedan, then an economy car. 
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,259 Captain
    Already posted ?

No fair, you guys have all the ugly cars.
    edited May 2018 #61
    :D

Bond bugs were a British project.
    As Italian I can't negate we designed some ugly cars (e.g. the FIAT Multipla I posted before) but let me say that for the cars (and not only) we always defined the beauty references  ;)