Hammer Does CASA VIEJA Guatemala

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,804 Captain
    Great report. Thanks for the morning humor.  :)

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,431 Captain
    As always - excellent and entertaining read!  Awesome pics as well.

Pura Vida!
  • tank85tank85 Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Great read, just curious, how much a trip like that go for?
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 567 Officer
    tank85 said:
    Great read, just curious, how much a trip like that go for?
    http://www.casaviejalodge.com/the-lodge/fish-stay-rates/
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 567 Officer
    Sounds like you had an awesome trip , I have been wanting to go check it out . Thanks for the laughs , good to see you catching pelagic's for a change .
  • Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 995 Officer
    There was 12 of us so they gave us a little discount but to be honest, we'd all go again at full price.  It's worth it.  You fish from 7 to 5 pm with all your food, drinks, hotel included.  Never did I hear the word "NO" from them.  If they had it on the property, they'd make you whatever you wanted.  Sushi, Sashimi, Fried, blackened, broiled, medium rare fillet mignon to any drink you want.  They spoiled us.  They have their operation down to a science.  Rarely do things go this well.

• 101grunts101grunts Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    Hey Hammer did you wear a MAGA  hat there ,that was the right place to do it, awesome trip  
    No, I did not wear a MAGA hat but I can tell you this, there were LOTS of walls and barbed wire.

• mtbrider85mtbrider85 Posts: 335 Deckhand
    Is it worth paying up for the bigger boats, if your goal is to just catch fish?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Absolutely not, it's calm there and they all troll the same no. of rods.  You'll catch plenty of sailfish no matter what boat you go on.  These guys are good.