Home Off Topic

Ford is going to eliminate sedans from its production

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,807 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    pottydoc said:
    I'll bet they don't drop their F Series trucks anytime soon. 
    Another vehicle i don't understand.  Expensive and terrible gas mileage.  Especially when the vast majority don't even utilize what a truck is designed for.  People's purchasing habits seem so irrational to me.  Need a commuter car, yeah buy something that can haul the international space shuttle.  Totally makes sense to drop 50k over a 20k sedan.

It's the only vehicle their fat S will fit in. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Best cars ever sold in America. Not even broken in at 190,000 miles. 38 mpg city 45 highway. Variant (wagon) can haul five adults and a 18 foot CC boat at 38 mpg. Variant can go 900 miles on one tank.

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,375 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    Best cars ever sold in America. Not even broken in at 190,000 miles. 38 mpg city 45 highway. Variant (wagon) can haul five adults and a 18 foot CC boat at 38 mpg. Variant can go 900 miles on one tank.

Isn’t that the automaker your precious EPA criminally fined for $2.8 billion? Fudging hypocrite
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,065 Moderator
    frank said:
    @ferris1248
    is that one of those el camino style cars that's so popular in Australia? 

If you're a fan of classic muscle cars, you're probably going to love the Chevrolet SS. To create the SS, Chevy started with the rear-wheel-drive Holden Commodore large sedan produced by General Motors' Australian subsidiary (which was also the basis for the now defunct but still highly regarded Pontiac G8). From there it stuffed a rip-roaring 415-horsepower V8 engine from the previous-generation Corvette under the hood. Four-hundred horsepower? Rear-wheel drive? Yes, it's a formula that could bring back memories of smoky burnouts and doughnuts in your high school's parking lot.

Pleasingly, though, the SS delivers more than just straight-line muscle. Remarkably nimble handling and strong brakes perfectly complement the V8's brawn, while the attractive, comfortable and spacious interior boasts a truly adult-friendly backseat, a large trunk and a remarkably long list of standard comfort, convenience and safety features. Put it all together and you have a thoroughly modern large sedan that will haul your family in relative comfort or something else entirely when you hit the gas.

Current Chevrolet SS
    The Chevrolet SS is a new full-size sedan  that's offered in a single, loaded trim level. Powertrain details are equally straightforward. The 6.2-liter V8 engine, which produces 415 hp and 415 pound-feet of torque, is the only engine offered. It's connected to a six-speed automatic transmission that drives the rear wheels. In our testing, we found the SS can accelerate to 60 mph in just under 5 seconds, which is an impressively quick time for a big sedan like this. Understandably, though, fuel economy isn't a priority here, and you can expect your mpg to hover in the mid-teens.

The SS's list of standard features includes 19-inch wheels, high-performance tires, a sport-tuned suspension, Brembo brakes, xenon headlights, keyless ignition and entry, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated and ventilated eight-way power front seats and leather upholstery. Standard technology features include Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, an automated parallel parking system, blind spot and lane departure warning systems, frontal collision warning, a navigation system, a head-up display, a rearview camera, an 8-inch touchscreen electronics interface, OnStar, voice controls and a nine-speaker Bose sound system The only major option for the SS is a sunroof.

While the SS's most obvious draw is its V8 power, this sedan is also quite capable of confidently devouring curvy roads. The combination of an exceptionally rigid body structure, grippy tires and well-tuned sport suspension and steering systems give the SS uncommon athletic ability for a sedan of this size. It's so good that the SS can give pricier European sport sedans a run for their money on a winding stretch of asphalt. The only potential downside is a ride quality that may be a bit too firm for some folks' tastes.

Inside, the SS offers a roomy and surprisingly upscale interior thanks to leather upholstery with faux-suede inserts and contrasting stitching. The gauges are easy to read and the head-up display is multi-configurable and can project an impressive array of information onto the windshield. The central touchscreen display is also configurable. Its menus are straightforward, but it can be distractingly slow to respond to your inputs at times. Farther back, there's plenty of room for two adults or three in a pinch, while the large trunk should also please those family members who don't understand the meaning of traveling light.

Too long
    Pictures please
    C/D TEST RESULTS:
    Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 10.8 sec
    Zero to 130 mph: 18.3 sec
    Zero to 150 mph: 30.6 sec
    Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.3 sec
    Top gear, 30-50 mph: 9.3 sec
    Top gear, 50-70 mph: 9.3 sec
    Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec @ 111 mph
    Top speed: 160 mph
    Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
    Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.96 g

It's just a normal Impala. That's the beauty of it. Tractable and some very nice amenities plus it hauls butt.

Image result for chevrolet ss pics

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

edited April 2018 #36
    Cyclist said:

Isn’t that the automaker your precious EPA criminally fined for $2.8 billion? Fudging hypocrite
    It is. VW was a liar, but the cars are solid and pollute less than most cars on the road today and way less than ANY truck on the road. They look at pollution per gallon but don't take into consideration the TDI go 2x as far that gallon...
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,375 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

It is. And you are an idiot...
    You get called out and the best you can do is have a temper tantrum like a little boy? Grow up. 
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

You get called out and the best you can do is have a temper tantrum like a little boy? Grow up. 
    You can't get called out with idiocy...no wonder you guys are so gullible with the fake news stuff....got to work on your critical thinking....
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,367 Admiral
    Last sedan we bought was 1986, and that was the wifes.i've been driving a truck since 1973. 
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

It’s also a “Valiant “ not a “Variant”. LOL
    He has no clue. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,286 AG
    @Cyclist
    The Best VW ever was the Scirocco and you know it. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    68’ beetle. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,652 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. . 

Plymouth is the Valiant. Volkswagon is the Variant. 

Not sure who has no clue. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. 
    German VW wagons are called Variants...LOL
    cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. . 

My grandfather had a 1970's Plymouth Valiant, in the worst color green imaginable.  Bought it new, threw a rod.   The dealership refused to give him a new motor, but they rebuilt that one.   When he sold it in the early 90s that ugly **** had 200k plus miles on it and still ran like a champ. 
    cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. . 

My grandfather had a 1970's Plymouth Valiant, in the worst color green imaginable.  Bought it new, threw a rod.   The dealership refused to give him a new motor, but they rebuilt that one.   When he sold it in the early 90s that ugly **** had 200k plus miles on it and still ran like a champ. 
    My brother had a white convertible with red interior and push button ****. Would be an awesome townie today.
    Cyclist said:
    cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. . 

My brother had a white convertible with red interior and push button ****. Would be an awesome townie today.
    I assume the bleeped word is an abbreviated word for transmission. 
    Cyclist said:
    cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

He has no clue. . 

I assume the bleeped word is an abbreviated word for transmission. 
    No, there really was a transvestite involved. LOL
    Cyclist said:

Y

Say hello to your mistress for us.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Gardawg said:
    Cyclist said:

Y

Come on man, smell the coffee! We moved beyond VWs to Plymouth's.  :)
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Gardawg said:

the **** push button ?
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
    edited May 2018 #52
    Cyclist said:

Moreover VW was founded by Nazist party, so a “great” :s history behind.
    I always hated VW, not only for its founders but also because are very expensive and snob (at least here) and now, obviously, is the most politically correct brand (their marketing is hypocrisy at the state of the art).

Indeed I own two Ford.

And I think that the Ford choice is on the market. I bought my first SUV this year (Kuga, Escape in USA and for you should classified as crossover, here is a SUV) and I’m experiencing a comfort I never had with any sedans (my previous car was a Focus vagon, but I also drove FIAT, Peugeot, BMW, etc.)
    I probably won’t never come back (except if I can have a Mustang convertible or something similar, but I don’t play lotteries so not a realistic to do list :D).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Moreover VW was founded by Nazist party, so a “great” :s history behind.

Indeed I own two Ford.

Interesting coincidence?

http://http//www.chronicle.com/blognetwork/edgeofthewest/2008/07/30/happy-birthday-mr-ford-love-adolf/ 

edited May 2018 #54
    Memes and blogs (with broken link), what serious sources :D

Anyway, mine would been just a curious info (anyway is true history).
    Many don’t know this fact and I think Peter, considering his purity on certain arguments, could be one of them.
    And it’s very funny that the VW beetle had became the hippies’ car, considering it was the Hit.ler’s car.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,550 Admiral
    tag said:
    The last 6 or 7 business trips I took I had Kia rentals. No bad cars.

I have a KIA SUV.  It really is a good build.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,550 Admiral
    tag said:
    The last 6 or 7 business trips I took I had Kia rentals. No bad cars.

I have a KIA SUV.  It really is a good build.
    edited May 2018 #57

I thought at the Kia Sportage before chose the Kuga (Escape).

Very good and nice car but considering the (more or less) same price and equipments I preferred remain on Ford (I drive Ford since 1995 and my experience is more than positive).

edited May 2018 #58

Research it yourself if you're not satisfied.  You'll find it's true.  Ford was a supporter of Hititler. Jesusss Fokking Chrisp. Can't even write Hipler.

They both HATED unions and Jews.

edited May 2018 #59
    Gardawg said:

Research it yourself if you're not satisfied.  You'll find it's true.  Ford was a supporter of Hititler. Jesusss Fokking Chrisp. Can't even write Hipler.

They both HATED unions and Jews.

I know. And he wasn't the only one, at the time, who supported Hit.ler.
    Many were the Hit.ler's supporters in the western world, before the war.
    Without forget that Hit.ler has invaded the Poland (starting the WWII) allied with Stalin (von Ribbentrop-Molotov agreement). They attacked from West and from East, together.

Anyway no one other brand in the whole world has the same na.zi heart than VW :D

Even Charles Lindburg supported the guy with the funny mustache.
    And the lefties here think Margret Sanger was a great woman to be looked up too! So did the Natsie's who actually did what she believed!!
    edited May 2018 #61
    BTW this profanity filter is awkward.
    It's replacing Hit.ler with *s and lets Stalin in, it uses * for Na.zi and nothing happens for "communism".
    The last one of the political correctness, the ideological filters for the forums :s
    Mala tempora currunt