Home Off Topic

Holly %[email protected]# They Caught The Worst Serial ****/Murder After More Than 40 Years

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,357 Admiral
Over 50 rapes, 11 murders. That's just the ones they know about from 1976 to 1986. Ex cop 72 years old. Known as the Night Stalker, East Side ****, and finally the Golden State Killer. Going undetected over forty years has been caught still living in the same neighborhood for decades. This case has always pissed me off. Thrilled they found him! DNA finally did him in. His name has never been mentioned as a suspect till now.

<br><br>&nbsp;http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/25/golden-state-killer-suspect-arrested-in-california-reports-say.html

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Yeah, I saw that.

Sadly, he was an ex-cop.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,543 AG
    Public hanging.
      The worst type of criminal!
    That poses me off!
    Screw that, let's draw and quarter him!
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Prison **** will be better justice for him
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    The old **** won't live long enough to be sentenced.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Yeah, I saw that.

Sadly, he was an ex-cop.
    does that prove some point about cops ? 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,861 Admiral
    edited April 2018 #8
    Finfinder said:
    Yeah, I saw that.

Sadly, he was an ex-cop.
    I don't think that was what Tarp meant.  A cop should be someone we should trust to enforce the law, not break it to the worst degree.  He probably used the fact he was a cop to his advantage
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    edited April 2018 #9
    2amigo said:
    Finfinder said:
    Yeah, I saw that.

Sadly, he was an ex-cop.
    I don't think that was what Tarp meant.  A cop should be someone we should trust to enforce the law, not break it to the worst degree.  He probably used the fact he was a cop to his advantage
     I don't disagree   
    The original poster and the article clearly stated he was an ex- cop.   I was just wondering in more detail why Tarp mentioned it again.  
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,555 AG
    Because it's "sad"?  It's not that hard to figure out.

Captain Todd Approves

Finfinder said:
    Yeah, I saw that.

Sadly, he was an ex-cop.
    Not at all.  It just proves a point about this one and comes as a surprise to me.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,787 Admiral
    That is sad.

If you can't trust a cop then who can you trust.

?
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    This interesting tidbit was in the comments section:

Unconfirmed rumor at this point, but it's being said that the cops were first notified that it could be DeAngelo when his sister gave a sample to one of those Ancestry or 23-and-me sites for genealogy research. They ran it across a police database and found a close match. Notice that the police are not saying what initially led them to him as a suspect, and the ancestry companies don't want to be known for this sort of behind-the-scenes police work.
    R
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Gardawg said:
    That is sad.

If you can't trust a cop then who can you trust.

?
    The FBI? The IRS?

I happen to agree with what Tarponator was getting at. They are all men/humans, which all are fallible.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,787 Admiral
    Only trust Jesus. 

And He could be jiving too!
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,357 Admiral
    Why is the word r a p I s t blocked! Is that a vulgar word.? Crazy 
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,974 AG
    cpr said:

Unconfirmed rumor at this point, but it's being said that the cops were first notified that it could be DeAngelo when his sister gave a sample to one of those Ancestry or 23-and-me sites for genealogy research. They ran it across a police database and found a close match. Notice that the police are not saying what initially led them to him as a suspect, and the ancestry companies don't want to be known for this sort of behind-the-scenes police work.
    R

The only person getting my DNA is my wife. 

Resinhead said:
    cpr said:

R

And the rim of a glass of bourbon.......
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,021 Admiral
    Resinhead said:
    cpr said:

R

Does it mix with her boyfriends?
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 634 Officer
    edited April 2018 #20
    cpr said:

If you think that the government is not getting their hands on the DNA submitted to those sites, you also probably think that Google and Facebook arent paying attention to what you’re doing and reporting it either.

I’m going to come up with a similar business. Everyone can send me their bank account information, Credit card numbers, and pin numbers and I will create a database and map and show you where your bank is related to all your friends. What fun it will be.!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,343 Admiral
    He will get to play golf with Bill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    2amigo said:
    Resinhead said:
    cpr said:

R

And the rim of a glass of bourbon.......

Vodka yes,  brown liquor never.
    Resinhead said:
    cpr said:

R

Does it mix with her boyfriends?
    Even better, then I can claim evidence tampering.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Why would anyone submit DNA to one of those flaky sites anyway?
    Good question.
    edited April 2018 #26
    I did. Thought it was very interesting and spot on with the genealogy my grandmother did 60 years ago.Even where our family moved to was accurate.  That's pretty cool since we basically came over on the Mayflower. No late immigrants in our family. Embarked and headed to GA and TN. For my immediate family FL in 1963. The rest never moved away. 

80% British, 10% Irish and 10% I don't remember the mixture.
    AC Man said:
    I did. Thought it was very interesting and spot on with the genealogy my grandmother did 60 years ago.Even where our family moved to was accurate.  That's pretty cool since we basically came over on the Mayflower. No late immigrants in our family. Embarked and headed to GA and TN. For my immediate family FL in 1963. The rest never moved away. 

80% British, 10% Irish and 10% I don't remember the mixture.
    According to the Spanish, you are a late immigrant.  😄
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,555 AG
    AC what service did you use?  I think it would be cool.  I'm supposed to be 100% so big deal, but if they can link it to other things like who migrated here and when and maybe some history of the family in Poland, that would be cool.  

Your family came on the Mayflower?  That's pretty **** cool.

Captain Todd Approves

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,048 Admiral
    Image result for mayflower moving

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

The Mayflower was an exaggeration, but that's about how far it back it goes. Both sides of the family headed south to be farmers.

We use Ancestory. Worth the money and creepy how accurately they were on what we all ready know. I have nothing to hide nor does any family member. Go for it.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    You share about half your DNA with your siblings, a quarter with first cousins, eight with second cousins, ect.

They already can hone in on you simply from the database of samples provided by your relatives. Certain markers make it easy for them to determine your likely last name too.

You are already in the system.