Saturday Apr 21

Fished with a freshwater "green trout" guy.....did not know what to expect. Water temp 76.7 and water did have some color. Started on the beach and caught, released and fed about 12 jacks between 3-6 pounds to the dolphins. Started throwing a 5" blue Yo-Zuri and managed a 24" redfish. A few more jacks and went for shiners. Chummed but no luck. Another boat 50 yards away did get some decent white baits. off to my "ladyfish hole" with thoughts of chunking baits. Nope. Continued on to near Cape Romano and the bass guy catches a 17' trout. And that was it. into the Morgan River and bass guy gets another 17" trout. To the outside and more jacks. NO ladyfish! Oh well. To a few more places and not much of anything to report. We did get 1 mackerel, 2 catfish and some short trout and smaller jacks. He was happy with the 20+ fish in a 4-1/2 hour span. I told him this was a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

Hope to fish with this guy again as he does work with  me. Maybe see the "usual" 50+ fish Caxambas/Marco fish day with may trout/redfish/snook. But......can't complain. We were not working and brought home a few fillets.

Sadly, the next few weekends keep the boat dry. Work this weekend, Kentucky Derby and then Mothers Day. May20th, game on!

Be safe out there. Save some for me!     

Polar 1900 Yamaha 115

Replies

• Golfn1Golfn1 Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Nice report.  Fished the same day as you amf managed 3 trout, the biggest one was 20”. 3 smaller snook up to 24” many jacks, couple small lady fish all caught on smaller Prichard’s. A lot of pressure on the 21st with a club redfish tournament on. Enjoy the reports....keep them coming !!
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 737 Officer
    Sounds like a decent day....Sunday we fished south of Gullivans looking for new spots.
    Wife picked up a 25" trout and really nice Jack beyond that it was a bunch of small fish....Unfortunately the tide really sucked for the first half of the day sucked 
    Jason :USA
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,502 Captain
    Cool, good day fishing
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you