Real Billionaire, Michael Bloomberg

Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG
Will pay the $4.5 million US commitment cover this year’s U.S. financial commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement. 

Bloomberg will continue to provide money for the pact if the United States does not rejoin the agreement, according to a news release from Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charity he founded.

Bloomberg continuously puts his own money behind his ideas and politics.  
Vote for the other candidate

Replies

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,046 AG
    Then he should enter into the agreement in the place of this nation. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,275 AG
    edited April 23 #3
    I suspect that's kind of his end-game, Fins.

He has an eye on a certain pale colored home in DC, where he can do precisely that.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,439 AG
    fins4me said:
    Then he should enter into the agreement in the place of this nation. 
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 500 Deckhand
    I admire people who are willing to put their money behind their ideas.  It shows commitment and at least on the surface that you truly care about what you are backing.  Even if I don't completely agree I do respect the dedication.
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 3,768 Captain
    Great news! Goes to show the agenda can be self funded without taxpayer dollars. Well done
    I don't believe Bloomberg is going to cover all of the financial commits the US has made but then defaulted.  I think climate change is close to his personal beliefs. 
  • FirmanjaxFirmanjax Posts: 364 Deckhand
    I wonder how much electricity his home uses.  Whats his carbon footprint?  I'm glad he's putting his money towards that.  Just that much less he will use to try and take away our 2nd amendment rights.  
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,046 AG
    I am sure his environmental footprint does not stink like the common mans.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,020 Admiral
    Well, it’s something he truly, deeply believes in, for other people, not his own life..
       didn’t he put a window AC unit in one of his limos?
    Found it!
    https://nypost.com/2012/06/27/mayor-rigs-wacky-ac-to-keep-his-suv-chilled/
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,512 Captain
    His $, do as he wishes...  I wonder if all the $ the Paris agreement "demands" from high-polluting countries, could be better put to use for renewable energy projects? 

*i am not a climate change denier, I whole heartedly believe humans can be better steward of our environment.  
    I just dislike politicians ;) 
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,436 Admiral
    I admire billionaires who are willing to waste their money.  As long as the US isn't bound to any agreements, have at it bloomer.

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,520 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    I admire billionaires who are willing to waste their money.  As long as the US isn't bound to any agreements, have at it bloomer.
    If he wants to help the environment he can give me 100k to buy a boat with a 4 stroke motor so i can ditch the 2 stroke.   Cash for clunkers stye. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,556 Admiral
    I wonder what 4.5 million would do to fix the NYC sewer system or their storm water runoff problem?
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    I wonder what 4.5 million would do to fix the NYC sewer system or their storm water runoff problem?
    Have you ever been to NYC?  Get serious.

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,550 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    I don't believe Bloomberg is going to cover all of the financial commits the US has made but then defaulted.  I think climate change is close to his personal beliefs. 

LOL   You believe hes doing it for the climate :D :D :D    Bloomburgs anti American B S  won't win an election 
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,556 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Have you ever been to NYC?  Get serious.

Oh! I forgot, the Hudson River is one of the most pristine waters in North America! My bad. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,015 AG
    Spending $4.5 million on his potential Presidential run so that the slack jawed morons who've bought into climate change con  can feel better about themselves.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,777 AG
    Spending $4.5 million on his potential Presidential run so that the slack jawed morons who've bought into climate change con  can feel better about themselves.
    you are on the wrong side of history...the anti climate change dolts are basically trumps voters.....
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    We all know that the very elite and Uber rich people are there to shepherd us into what’s best for them. As long as the peons know that we must sacrifice so that they may live lavishly, for the public good, of course.
      Bloomberg just threw a large political moneybag hoping bicyclists will fall for it.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,292 Admiral
    A drop in the bucket. It would take that much just to control the rat population.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,365 Admiral
    For $10 Thousand Bucks Cash Money Yearly I'll quit mowing my yard and spraying Round Up.
    Little steps are what matters here...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,793 Captain
    For $10 Thousand Bucks Cash Money Yearly I'll quit mowing my yard and spraying Round Up.
    Little steps are what matters here...winning..

I'll see you that and raise you this...I'll start taking sea showers and stop buying food at Publix because its not grown or produced locally.......plus i'll ride my bike to work.....more winning
    I have seen lifeguards tell people they can’t bathe at the beaches in fla. 
       To be fair, the homeless people went in with an obviously non greeny bar of soap and looked like they didn’t care about civil propriety. 
      I had to tell ethyl not to look.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,016 Admiral
    Dishwashing detergent Joy works best in salt water for "showers". 

Jump in or douse with bucket of sea water, lather up, jump in and get out quick.

Freshy fresh. Been doing it for extended trips on the hook since the 80's.