Home Off Topic

Yeti Drops NRA Foundation

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Balla
    What are you personally doing to ease gun regulation in Italy?

Vote for the other candidate
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Balla

Looks like Bella just rubbed your nose in that pee you left on the carpet! :#
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,012 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Balla

Mister-Jr said:
    Balla

What I can do as normal citizen.

I placed my signature and I collected/begged more other signatures for a petition about a new self defence law (1 million signatures collected, nothing happened for now), I joined three shooting associations in order to little finance them (and I can practice not more than 6/7 time per year, so one membership would been more than enough), I’m also very active, on newspapers forums, to destroy with the facts the lies of the gun-haters (you should read what they say about guns in USA, misinformation at the state of the art).

And last but not least I joined NRA :D

Perhaps what I’m doing could be useless, anyway I can’t tolerate anymore that the honest people must be subordinate at the ideology of those who decide to start their own fanatical jihads because they have nothing to do and/or because they have inside nothing more than hate.

Political correctness (and the related business, clickbaits as first) has already made too much damages to our lives, they crossed the line and I would feel me in blame for doing nothing.

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,854 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    It's kind of you to support America's high murder and suicide rate while your own country has far tighter gun regulation to protect you and your family from gun violence.
    Jebis you sure jumped the shark there.

Captain Todd Approves

• wahoowacker01wahoowacker01 Posts: 1,470 Officer
    **** the torpedos, full speed ahead Balla.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,271 AG

P.P.S. I know NRA isn't the perfection, but they are largely close to my needs and mind.
    That is the same reason I support them as a life member. I may not agree with them on every issue, but they do support our rights as gun owners. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

I have not lived anyplace where I felt compelled to carry a firearm for personal self-defense. 
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    edited April 2018 #189
    No one has said that you have to go armed. Simply that you mind your own business and shut up about those of us who feel compelled to take care of ourselves instead of relying on others to do so on our behalf.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,525 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    I have not lived anyplace where I felt compelled to carry a firearm for personal self-defense. 
    And then one day, you are going to need one.... But you will not have it.....
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Did you take the spare donut out of the Prius, smoke detectors and fire extinguisher out of condo too?

You know, because you're not compelled to use them.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,525 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    a gun is like an EPIRB, first aid kit, AED, Sat phone....... You probably will never need it...... But when you do need it, you REALLY need it...
    edited April 2018 #193

Knife Attack at Chinese Middle School Leaves Nine Children Dead

BEIJING — A man wielding a knife killed nine children and injured 10 others outside a middle school in central China on Friday, the authorities said, in one of the worst attacks at a Chinese school in recent years

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/world/asia/china-attack-school-knife.html

We say “lupus in fabula” (https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/lupus_in_fabula).

I sincerly hope that the huge effort which too many are wasting in ideological and useless crusades against guns (and their honest owners) could be soon relocated to fix some real problems of the modern society (like the growth of the mental disorders).

But I’m a pragmatic guy and I know that in order to fix any real problem propaganda isn’t enough (and the most gun-haters are nothing more than propaganda speakers).

********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Mister-Jr said:
    Cool me too.  What's your point?

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Paranoia
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    some serious badasses live in gated Boca     :D
    Mister-Jr said:
    Was mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Paranoia
    So some people carry and your blanket statement is that they are paranoid?  That's not fair.  Maybe some people hope they are never in a life threatening situation, but if they are they want to give themselves a fighting chance instead of being at the mercy of someone who doesn't value life or others.

Captain Todd Approves

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    The good thing is Junior and his "fiance" are never going to have kids.
    mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Was mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Paranoia
    So some people carry and your blanket statement is that they are paranoid?  That's not fair.  Maybe some people hope they are never in a life threatening situation, but if they are they want to give themselves a fighting chance instead of being at the mercy of someone who doesn't value life or others.
    Odds are better than they will injure themselves or someone in their home before they get into a life-threatening situation when a firearm will help.  

I wouldn't say the same for individuals that hunt, only those that carry for self-protection. 

Really, because accidents don't happen with households who only have hunting firearms.  

It boils down to really being none of you business.  Your stats are garbage.

Captain Todd Approves

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,271 AG
    Mister-Jr said:

Odds are better than they will injure themselves or someone in their home before they get into a life-threatening situation when a firearm will help.  

Only time I ever beat the odds, glad I did and glad I was armed at the time,

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,488 Officer

BEIJING — A man wielding a knife killed nine children and injured 10 others outside a middle school in central China on Friday, the authorities said, in one of the worst attacks at a Chinese school in recent years

I sincerly hope that the huge effort which too many are wasting in ideological and useless crusades against guns (and their honest owners) could be soon relocated to fix some real problems of the modern society (like the growth of the mental disorders).

But I’m a pragmatic guy and I know that in order to fix any real problem propaganda isn’t enough (and the most gun-haters are nothing more than propaganda speakers).

Too bad that Chinese guy and the Canadian guy with the van did not have access to some real “tools”. Something that would give them some real numbers like in Vegas or Parkland. I guess it is hard to get them in their countries. In our country it would have been easier to get a real semiautomatic “tool” than a van ( drivers license, proof of insurance, older than 25 to rent, paperwork etc)
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,078 Admiral
    Resinhead said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Did you take the spare donut out of the Prius, smoke detectors and fire extinguisher out of condo too?

BAM...
    When I travel I like to feel Security right between myself and the Bride.
    Best way to Win  a Gunfight is to not be in one..but I'll be da.m.m.ed if your gonna take what's mine and hurt either one of use because your having a Bad Day.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Resinhead said:
    Mister-Jr said:

BAM...
    When I travel I like to feel Security right between myself and the Bride.
    Best way to Win  a Gunfight is to not be in one..but I'll be da.m.m.ed if your gonna take what's mine and hurt either one of use because your having a Bad Day.

:p 
    RStyle said:

Too bad that Chinese guy and the Canadian guy with the van did not have access to some real “tools”. Something that would give them some real numbers like in Vegas or Parkland. I guess it is hard to get them in their countries. In our country it would have been easier to get a real semiautomatic “tool” than a van ( drivers license, proof of insurance, older than 25 to rent, paperwork etc)

Maybe they didn’t think to steal (no need of drive licence, insurance, etc.) a big truck like the guy in Nice.
    I also think it has been very hard :D for the Bataclan’s guys got several full auto tools with the strong France’s gun regulation.
    Like the Charlie Hedbo’s guys probably, they surely went to USA for buying their full auto assault tools, here in Europe is impossible got one :D

As I said don't be a propaganda speakers  ;)
    Ideas must win over ideologies, facts must win over narratives, pragmatism must win over dogmas.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    edited April 2018 #206
    RStyle said:
    Hmmm.......I buy based on need, quality and price. I buy what is best for me and my family. Some products may support or not support certain organizations..........some may not support any organizations............so I am indifferent ar what Yeti or others want to do

Well said, I was literally thinking the same thing.  A corporation supporting (or not) the NRA won't change my buying habits in either direction.  When I open my wallet, I do so to fill a need, not to play the role of lobbyist.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    This is reasonable anyway I personally boycott (when possible) any company which acts politically correct.
    I can’t tolerate the hypocrisy anymore...
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,488 Officer
    RStyle said:

Maybe they didn’t think to steal (no need of drive licence, insurance, etc.) a big truck like the guy in Nice.
    I also think it has been very hard :D for the Bataclan’s guys got several full auto tools with the strong France’s gun regulation.
    Like the Charlie Hedbo’s guys probably, they surely went to USA for buying their full auto assault tools, here in Europe is impossible got one :D

As I said don't be a propaganda speakers  ;)
    Ideas must win over ideologies, facts must win over narratives, pragmatism must win over dogmas.

So, we do agree as the Bataclan guys showed, that there is a type of “tool” that is more effective even if you are not mentally ill. After all it is designed for that purpose........
    I appreciate we agree.
    Because France has a gun regulation like the one that many people in US would want.
    And according to the facts it doesn’t work, at all.

So why so much effort for something that doesn’t work ?
    Wouldn’t be better fight for something really useful ?

What facts?

Do facts really matter for you ?

:D