Home Off Topic

Yeti Drops NRA Foundation

Replies

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    The nra in Florida lobbied for expanded gun rights using the nasty women marion hammer, and that is why people are dying and  the courts are clogged with idiots who shoot people for doing stupid things that are not worthy of a death warrant. They are for expanding the 2nd beyond what the constitution called for. Thankfully, their day has come to an end and people are smartening up.

The courts are also "clogged" with rapists, thieves and murderers who were neither stopped nor deterred by law enforcement.  I am sure some of those victims wished that the police could have helped them but alas.......
    As one of the first CC states and one with a lot of CCers you would think the crime rate would decrease.

All the good guys with guns just itching to stop bad guys with guns.......IS BS.......just a huge bunch of people with guns and more people getting shot for playing loud music and throwing popcorn.

Just remember someone with CC is just half a nut away from being a statistic....
    Actually you might want to look a little closer at the crime rates. Violent crime has been on a decrease for the last 20+years. 
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,523 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    The nra in Florida lobbied for expanded gun rights using the nasty women marion hammer, and that is why people are dying and  the courts are clogged with idiots who shoot people for doing stupid things that are not worthy of a death warrant. They are for expanding the 2nd beyond what the constitution called for. Thankfully, their day has come to an end and people are smartening up.

The courts are also "clogged" with rapists, thieves and murderers who were neither stopped nor deterred by law enforcement.  I am sure some of those victims wished that the police could have helped them but alas.......
    As one of the first CC states and one with a lot of CCers you would think the crime rate would decrease.

All the good guys with guns just itching to stop bad guys with guns.......IS BS.......just a huge bunch of people with guns and more people getting shot for playing loud music and throwing popcorn.

Just remember someone with CC is just half a nut away from being a statistic....
    Actually you might want to look a little closer at the crime rates. Violent crime has been on a decrease for the last 20+years. 
    I posted some stats for him.... But he will not look at them.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,438 Officer
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

I posted some stats for him.... But he will not look at them.

Of course not!
    Jason :USA
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    edited April 2018 #95
    Those statistics don't mean a thing. 

CORRELATION IS NOT CAUSATION. 

You might as well call the drop in crime as inverse to population.

More guns lead to less crime only in a gun nut's head.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,838 AG
    Does CC lead to an increase in violent crime?

Captain Todd Approves

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Tarponator said:
    ...and "tree-huggers" has nothing to do with it except, perhaps, to demean those who express concern.

Tarponator said:

So to clarify...

Tree-hugger is demeaning.

Gun nut is okay.

Correct?

More armed citizens lead to less crime....

And you claim the stats do not mean anything because they contradict your point of view..

I am still trying to figure out what Kentucky has to do with the conversation?
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG

What you and people who think like you fail to comprehend is that crime in this country is not near as bad as you think.
    Are there bad areas? You bet there are. But you are a lot safer today than you were in 1975! 
    I hope someday you and cyclist will make a trip across this country and you will find that it is not this horrible place the two of you think it is. You might actually have a good time?
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Crime rate down, incarceration rate up.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,597 Admiral
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    edited April 2018 #102
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

The crime rate has plummeted since the Shall Issue Law passed in Florida.

But you have never been one to allow facts to get in the way of your ill informed opinions.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Total-Index-Crimes

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Property-Crime

Those trends correlate but are prove nothing. CC does not do what you imply.

More guns equal more gun deaths. That has been proven time and time again.

A real statistical take on the issue.
    https://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/right-carry-laws-revisiting-link-between-guns-crime

edited April 2018 #104
    1outlaw said:
    ha ha ha the daily caller.....

The question....
     “During the last 12 months, have you confronted another person with a firearm, even if you did not fire it, to protect yourself, your property, or someone else?”

Uh yessir, the sumbiacth was throwing popcorn at me and assaulting my ears with that thug music. I feared for my life.....

• Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

It's not the job or the desire of the CCs to stop/prevent crime.  That responsibility falls squarely on law enforcement and they are failing.  There are those of us who believe that being armed would help prevent us from becoming victims.  Since there is a liberal push to lessen sentences (here in California) for violent offenders, limit police ability to eradicate gangs, and empower a "resistance" movement toward government many of us have been left to feel that our protection is our responsibility.  Since I take my responsibilities seriously what else am I supposed to do?
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

It's not the job or the desire of the CCs to stop/prevent crime.  That responsibility falls squarely on law enforcement and they are failing.  There are those of us who believe that being armed would help prevent us from becoming victims.  Since there is a liberal push to lessen sentences (here in California) for violent offenders, limit police ability to eradicate gangs, and empower a "resistance" movement toward government many of us have been left to feel that our protection is our responsibility.  Since I take my responsibilities seriously what else am I supposed to do?
    I realize that but the CC proponents use the "good guy with a gun" lie to trick people into thinking that a society awash with guns is a safe society. I think our standing in the world and America's HUGE death rate by gun kinda negates that though.

California and others are lessening sentences for non-violent victimless crimes not violet crime.
    http://www.rstreet.org/2017/11/02/crime-rates-stable-after-states-passage-of-sentencing-reforms/

I have many guns in my home but it has never even crossed my mind to actually have one readily available for an "emergency".

Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

I realize that but the CC proponents use the "good guy with a gun" lie to trick people into thinking that a society awash with guns is a safe society. I think our standing in the world and America's HUGE death rate by gun kinda negates that though.

California and others are lessening sentences for non-violent victimless crimes not violet crime.
    http://www.rstreet.org/2017/11/02/crime-rates-stable-after-states-passage-of-sentencing-reforms/

I have many guns in my home but it has never even crossed my mind to actually have one readily available for an "emergency".

Re-Check what they are doing with overcrowding.  It is happening more on the city and county jail levels.  Lowering bail to lessen occupancy.   Why is the "Good guy with a gun" a lie?  The majority of gun owners are at least law abiding (I don't know if they are "good" or not)  citizens.  They also seem to care about their rights.  Yes, you can make the argument that every criminal was at one point not a criminal but the fact that people have the potential to do harm in no way means you limit their rights.  That is guilty until proven innocent.  Humans will cause the Earth to either be uninhabitable by way of unrestrained population growth or the Earth will become void of life due to the natural cycle of the sun. 
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

Re-Check what they are doing with overcrowding.  It is happening more on the city and county jail levels.  Lowering bail to lessen occupancy.   Why is the "Good guy with a gun" a lie?  The majority of gun owners are at least law abiding (I don't know if they are "good" or not)  citizens.  They also seem to care about their rights.  Yes, you can make the argument that every criminal was at one point not a criminal but the fact that people have the potential to do harm in no way means you limit their rights.  That is guilty until proven innocent.  Humans will cause the Earth to either be uninhabitable by way of unrestrained population growth or the Earth will become void of life due to the natural cycle of the sun. 
    Thanks for the update on the California situation.

Certainly most gun owners are good guys for sure, but they do not appear to really cause a decrease in crime or really deter crime.

An increase in the number of guns increases gun deaths. Suicide, accidental, theft, etc.

Children.
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2017/06/15/peds.2016-3486
    RESULTS: Nearly 1300 children die and 5790 are treated for gunshot wounds each year. Boys, older children, and minorities are disproportionately affected. Although unintentional firearm deaths among children declined from 2002 to 2014 and firearm homicides declined from 2007 to 2014, firearm suicides decreased between 2002 and 2007 and then showed a significant upward trend from 2007 to 2014. Rates of firearm homicide among children are higher in many Southern states and parts of the Midwest relative to other parts of the country. Firearm suicides are more dispersed across the United States with some of the highest rates occurring in Western states. Firearm homicides of younger children often occurred in multivictim events and involved intimate partner or family conflict; older children more often died in the context of crime and violence. Firearm suicides were often precipitated by situational and relationship problems. The shooter playing with a gun was the most common circumstance surrounding unintentional firearm deaths of both younger and older children.

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,263 AG
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

There is no huge death rate by guns. The rate is 11 deaths by firearm per 100,000. 2/3rds of that was suicides. Those opposed to guns like to throw out scary numbers, but you are more likely to die in a car accident than by a gun. Stop people from committing suicide and treat the mentally ill and gun deaths would be a lot less. Do something about gang violence and between those three items you could remove 80% to 90% of the gun deaths in this country. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,456 Captain
    King_Me said:
    Nice photo of the ladies.  Are they carrying AR-15's????  Or sporting rifles????
    Get the point?
    cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

There is no huge death rate by guns. The rate is 11 deaths by firearm per 100,000. 2/3rds of that was suicides. Those opposed to guns like to throw out scary numbers, but you are more likely to die in a car accident than by a gun. Stop people from committing suicide and treat the mentally ill and gun deaths would be a lot less. Do something about gang violence and between those three items you could remove 80% to 90% of the gun deaths in this country. 

cadman said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens), and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 U.S. citizens). ... Firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in the U.S. in 2015, excluding suicide.

• frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    has anyone here shot their cooler up
    or crush their yeti cups?

just wondering 

cadman said:
    There is no huge death rate by guns. The rate is 11 deaths by firearm per 100,000. 2/3rds of that was suicides.

You are free to disagree, but I'd call that a huge death rate, comparatively speaking.

cadman said:
    There is no huge death rate by guns. The rate is 11 deaths by firearm per 100,000. 2/3rds of that was suicides.

You are free to disagree, but I'd call that a huge death rate, comparatively speaking.
    There are so many other areas that take lives at a much higher rate.  Why do we focus on something so polarizing and to some extent guaranteed in the very document that help to create this country?  The likelihood of dying by gunfire is so low and so far behind others it should not even be news.   Unless you believe the folks who state that the only way for the current parties to keep power is to polarize the sides against each other then I get it.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    frank said:

just wondering 
    no one 
    that's surprising 
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,372 Admiral
    frank said:
    frank said:

just wondering 
    no one 
    that's surprising 
    Why is it surprising. Not gona destroy what I paid for just because I don't agree with their new philosophy, but they won't get any more $$ from me. 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    frank said:
    frank said:

just wondering 
    no one 
    that's surprising 
    Do not own or possess any Yeti products.

Not a member of the NRA.

Do not care.

🍺
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,597 Admiral
    Scoutboat said:
    King_Me said:
    Nice photo of the ladies.  Are they carrying AR-15's????  Or sporting rifles????
    Get the point?

Its called a 'boycott' against the products that they purchased and don't believe on their actions against a certain vendor.  Get that? its simple to comprehend.

cadman said:

There are so many other areas that take lives at a much higher rate.  Why do we focus on something so polarizing and to some extent guaranteed in the very document that help to create this country? 
    Because this is a thread about the NRA, not cars.
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

The crime rate has plummeted since the Shall Issue Law passed in Florida.

But you have never been one to allow facts to get in the way of your ill informed opinions.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Property-Crime

Those trends correlate but are prove nothing. CC does not do what you imply.

More guns equal more gun deaths. That has been proven time and time again.

A real statistical take on the issue.
    https://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/right-carry-laws-revisiting-link-between-guns-crime

Only you would dispute pure data with a magazine article.... Well not only you... And I still do not get why Tarpon was talking about Kentucky last night.... But you guys get so twisted up your forget where you are going and end up talking in circles.

Fact is.... Violent crime in Florida is currently at its lowest point in your lifetime. And gun ownership is at its highest point..... The beginning of the dramatic drop in the violent crime coincided with the passing of the shall issue statute.... You can argue all you want.... Tarpon can rant about correlation is not causation.and Kentucky all he wants.... 

But we have three facts.

1) Crime in Florida is at its lowest rate than it has been at any point in our lives.
    2) There are more guns in Florida than ever.
    3) A LARGE percentage of the population have CCWs.

Play it any way you want...
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,263 AG
    edited April 2018 #121
    More people die of motor vehicle accidents, falling, and unintentional poisoning.

You can compare us to a select group of countries with different ethic mixtures and cultural differences, but it is a meaningless comparison. 

As I said, stop the suicidal, get rid of gangs and drugs, treat the mentally unstable and stop the people in these groups from getting weapons (under the law they should not have access to weapons anyways), and you would eliminate 80% of gun deaths without affecting law abiding legal gun owners. 

The odd thing is that suicides in the U.S. are 2/3 of gun deaths. People say guns are the problem and we need to get rid of them. so it would seem logical that the U.S. should have one of the highest suicide rates since other countries have better gun control. However the U.S. is ranked 38 in suicides by country ranking, lower than Japan, Sweden, France, Switzerland, Finland, and other countries with strict gun control. 

Why is that if guns are the problem? 

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement.